Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #351  
Whew!!! Well, looks like I struck a nerve.
Apology & PM sent to Abrannan and his truck! :eek: Didn't realize it was a member's truck. Thought it was a magazine cover because of the way the photos were shot otherwise I wouldn't have said anything.

All in fun and the spirit of competition, guys! ;)

Flame away on my junk anytime you want. :)

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #352  
Oh, c'mon now. I'm just getting in the spirit. I'm all fired up about putting twin turbo chargers and a 4 stage Nitro kit with triple 20 gallon tanks on my 300 ci 6cyl pickup! I think my 3 on the tree can still take it. More power Scotty! I need warp speed!!!

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #353  
Whew!!! Well, looks like I struck a nerve.
Apology & PM sent to Abrannan and his truck! :eek: Didn't realize it was a member's truck. Thought it was a magazine cover because of the way the photos were shot otherwise I wouldn't have said anything.

All in fun and the spirit of competition, guys! ;)

Flame away on my junk anytime you want. :)

just like I said in my PM reply..it was a Photoshoot..and it was a professional Photographer..but the magazine focuses on real life trucks that work everyday aswell as look good..not just show trucks like Diesel Power and 8lug..these are real trucks.

Its all good builder..no hard feeling!

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #354  
LMAO..thats for you 'builder' just for you..1993 Chevy replaced by a 1986 Ford!

there goes your 'superior truck':rolleyes:

no offense Joel.

Hey abrannan, ouch, I think.

My first try at a replacement for the old chevy was a 1995 K2500, 6.5 turbo Diesel with 24K on the clock. Got her to my mechanic for a once over and tons of trouble found, cross pipe on exhaust rotted through, ABS engaging sporatically (almost killed myself when rears locked and fronts went into pulse, truck rolled quite a distance before she finally stopped, all that with a 9 foot plow on the front). Engine light on, TDC on injection pump, when adjusted to TDC, light kept coming on, must've been computer on pump. Turbo was also throughing a code out of speck on I think it was pulse width. All fuel and brake lines rotted (must've sat on grass), etc. Too bad, seemed like a really nice truck.

I really loved my chevy, super strong truck and worked perfect for what I needed, she just rotted out from under me, she was a city plow truck on the cape (lots of salt), never stood a chance.

I'm hoping the ford is relatively reliable and gets the job done for me, I use the truck so infrequently that spending more than a $5k is just illogical. I got the ford, with plow for under $2K, this way I can put some money in if needed to keep her going and safe.

Thanks,
Joel

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #355  
We got a tractor, trailer, and truck loaded up and ready to go tomorrow morning to do some aerating at my school. I couldn't get pictures taken to night b/c it gets dark to quick. I should have some taken and posted by tomorrow evening.

Kyle

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #356  
Love the package in general
TruckNTractor.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #357  
Some of you may have already seen my truck but here it is for those that hav'nt . I started off with a bare 96 F250 cabin , that's all i had . I then bought a Nissan Patrol chassis , diffs and gearbox and adapted the cabin . I then fitted a Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo engine , dash and firewall as it was left hand drive . I now have an F250 with a full box section chassis , 4 wheel drive with auto hubs , 4 coil suspension , 4 wheel disc brakes , Turbo petrol engine and 5 speed manual , it's just what i always wanted . I'm now doing a tilt deck gooseneck trailer based on the H&H Speedloader as we do'nt have them in OZ .

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #358  
A couple of shots of the firewall swap and Falcon interior . The firewall went in first followed by all the air con gear , then the pedal box and steering column and then the dash . I had to recurve the front of the dash so it followed the F250 windscreen . Black Ultra leather Wide Ride Bostrom seats finish it off .

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #359  
Iron Horse - That's very nice work and a great looking truck! Good Job!
Leo

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #360  
Nice rig Iron Horse. You do first class work.

Chris