Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #391  
I had a "hauler" for myself until the rebuilt transmission locked up and almost got me ran over on the interstate. It was a Toyota Corolla with 200k and still getting 31mpg. Of course it isn't worthy to be in the same photo with the blue ovals, but a good car nonetheless.:p

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #392  
My towing Rig...don't have any pictures with Tractor On Board.
97 Dodge-Cummins dynoed at 542 HP and 1200+ ft-lbs Torque, pegged the dyno on the torque reading :D

Attachments

• 100_0920.JPG
    100_0920.JPG
    798.1 KB · Views: 425
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #393  
My towing Rig...don't have any pictures with Tractor On Board.
97 Dodge-Cummins dynoed at 542 HP and 1200+ ft-lbs Torque, pegged the dyno on the torque reading :D

Nice bumper those Reunel, huh? Mine has the 12,000 pound Warn winch in it, fog lights, driving lights, couple tow hooks and two receiver hitches. Only really needed one but with the winch in the middle had to have receiver off center so got two to look balanced. I then used the twin receivers up front to mount a home brew multi bike carrier (in additiion to using one at a time to push a trailer backwards.

I changed the front coil springs to bring the ride height up to 1/2 inch over stock (for 4x4 one ton) while holding up the Cummins AND the 500 lb front bumper. Went with variable rate springs custom built for me from elliptically tapered spring stock. Mine is '97 too. Last of the 12 valve with NO COMPUTER crap.

Changed ot the injector pump and injectors to get more HP, torque, and a tad better economy (1-2 MPG) all at the same time through higher efficiency from finer fuel plume.

Pat

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #395  
The bumper is made buy "Denver Off Road". It's made of 1/2" 6061 T6 Aluminum, and weighs about 125lbs inculding mounting brackets.

Hmmm, coulda (in fact DID) fool me. Either a convergence of form following function or one of the sources took a long look at the other guy's product.

The Reunel is 1/4 inch steel. The bars surrounding the headlights are not tubing but solid steel. I have push bars of solid stainless steel covered with clear plastic hose which serves to keep B'mers out of the radiator. There are appropriate cutouts for air flow.

I think I am a bit jealous of the light weight.

Pat

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #399  
Heres mine, 05 Mack, 370HP, Jake, 10spd, 20 Ton eager beaver.:D

Attachments

• 11-3-08 017.jpg
    11-3-08 017.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 338
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #400  
Very nice.

Chris