Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers
Beauty of a truck, disappointing engine. I can't understand for the life of me why folks buy a HD truck for driving around. I know it isn't for the ride quality.
If it weren't for the diesel in my SD I surely wouldn't have the truck.(maybe with a v10 if gas wasn't so much) Anyways best of luck with it.

Matt T.:D

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #52  
Does a rented trailer count???

Just to bring her home!!! The wife actually had balloons waiting!!

Attachments

• HPIM0799.JPG
    HPIM0799.JPG
    680.1 KB · Views: 2,124
  • HPIM0800.jpg
    HPIM0800.jpg
    866.1 KB · Views: 1,566
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #53  
MDC
what brand trailer and how long is it? Where in Ct did you buy this?

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #54  
The trailer was a rental from United. I think I must receive frequent flyer miles by now. I think it was 16' but not sure. The one they reserved for me (10') was too short so I took the "bigger" one to pick up the new addition to the family. Didn't measure it since I knew it was more than adequate. Great tilt feature on this one.

Tractor was purchaseed in lower FC. They were surprisely aggressive and had to get it from another dealer. Much better than one further up north which surprised me.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #55  
From the picture you posted, that trailer looked a lot longer than 16. I have a Bri-Mar 1812 and it is now way too short. I will be looking for another, I would like another Br-mar, but their longest is now only 20 ft, and this is still too short, I want to stay with bumper pull.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #56  
Larry - you're probably right. The tractor and FEL measure 12 feet and it looks like there is more than 4' of length to spare. Call United Rentals in Stamford and ask for the brand and length of their brand new tilt traler.
MC

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #57  
Here is a picture of my truck and trailer with the JD just sitting there before tie down! Edit: I should have renamed the picture to JD 6420!
Leo

Attachments

• JD 790 & JD 6420 Loaded 004 (600 x 400).jpg
    JD 790 & JD 6420 Loaded 004 (600 x 400).jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 2,211
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #58  
Here is a pic from today of the 06 F250 pulling home a International 5100 drill

Attachments

• F-250side.jpg
    F-250side.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 1,756
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #59  
Robert_in_NY said:
Here is a pic from today of the 06 F250 pulling home a International 5100 drill

i really like your truck. although a Chevy man, i do like the looks of the F-250's such as yours. have to admit, if I happene to stumble on a Ford dealership and was quoted a good price on one such as this I just MIGHT have to take the plunge.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #60  
06 JD 790
18' 7000lb tilt
'89 3/4 chev

Last edited: