Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #61  
RollingsFarms said:
i really like your truck. although a Chevy man, i do like the looks of the F-250's such as yours. have to admit, if I happene to stumble on a Ford dealership and was quoted a good price on one such as this I just MIGHT have to take the plunge.

They are good trucks, I like the looks of them a lot better then the current Dodge and GM offerings but that is just my view. Today was not too hard but ended up 624 miles round trip to get the drill from just east of Columbus Ohio. As I parked the truck it now has less then 8900 miles on the 6.0 but it has been great. Plenty of power for pulling the hills and plenty of brake for stopping the truck and trailer when some idiot decides to lock their brakes up in Canton when it is pouring rain:mad:

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #62  
i test drove an f-250 xl package with the 6.0 and was quite impressed.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #63  
Thats funny you say that about the Dodge frames cracking. I work for a major construction company, I am the pilot on the company airplane. Anyway when I got on in 1997 they need new trucks for the foremen. They got a dozen each v-8 gas 4x4 work trucks from Dodge, Ford, and GM. After 2 years not one of the Dodges were left. All the frames were bent. You could see it where the cab and bed meet. All the trucks were abused 5 days a week but the Fords and Gm held up for the 3 year leases, not the Dodges. I know the Dodges have made great strides since then but must tell you something. My good friend who works for them and got me on was a site manager for a interstate project on I-70 in Indiana. He is a Gm man and got stuck with a Ford. He bad mouthed the Ford every day to me being a Ford man but it never gave him a day of trouble until he rolled it. Even after that they got it back on all fours, put oil and tranny fluid in it and reset the fuel pump and he drove it home. It was totaled. He got a Gm as a replacement and never went back. I am still a Ford man after giving the other 2 a try. It gives us something to argue about.

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #64  
em14 said:
Here is a picture of my truck and trailer with the JD just sitting there before tie down! Edit: I should have renamed the picture to JD 6420!
Leo

Leo,

That 6420 sure looks like a load! Whats the combined weight of the trailer and tractor? Is that a Rolls Rite Trailer?

Stu

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #65  
Diamondpilot said:
They got a dozen each v-8 gas 4x4 work trucks from Dodge, Ford, and GM. After 2 years not one of the Dodges were left. All the frames were bent.
Chris

Funny, you say this. I've always had Dodges and never had any of these problems like are listed here. One V8 Dakota lost a drive shaft because the welded weights flew off. I have an 07, 6.7 this time and it is flawless so far. I don't haul my tractor often, but when I do, it is 13,000+ dead weight and many small but very steep hills where I live,., I
ve had Dodge since getting out of the army in early 74, and wouldn't think of a Ford or Gm product. Maybe I'm luckier than others,,,

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #67  
EM14,
According to my 07 book, the 3500 diesel crew cab dually 2WD has a max trailer weight of 16,200. The 3500 diesel crew cab dually 4WD max trailer weight of 15,900.
Both 2 and 4 WD GCWR is 23,500.
2WD truck weighs 7300 empty
4WD weighs 7600
By your numbers of 10,500 tractor plus 6,000 trailer plus about 1500 for the loader puts you at 18,000 minus any attachments. If I calculate correctly, you are hauling over your GCWR (25,300 if 2WD and 25,600 if 4WD). What am I missing?

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #68  
I am trying not to haul this load any more than is absolutely neccessary. I am planning to drop this tractor off and store it near the farm. I cannot leave on my place, farm, due to security problems, but I can leave it near by where there is security available and drive the tractor to and from. The rig can move this load no sweat as far as the truck and trailer is concerned. Stops great ... and pulls great ... but I don't like the load being this much.
Leo

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #70  
Chevy Blazer
Not really mine but this guy deserves some attention (if he's still alive)

Attachments

• utah1.jpg
    utah1.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 2,181
  • utah2.jpg
    utah2.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,568
  • utah3.jpg
    utah3.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,555