Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #741  
How heavy of a trailer could you tow with such a hitch? I know in all of Ford's literature they give a tow limit of roughly 13,000 pounds for all their trucks via bumper pull. I figured that number was partly limited by the hitches themselves, but how heavy of an equipment trailer could one reasonably expect to pull with a setup like your uncle's without squatting the rear too much?

As to johnk, nice rig. I think that it very similar to what I might look for when I pay my half ton truck off to keep strictly as a heavy hauler.

He pulls a SeaRay 35' long boat with it in and out twice a year and takes it about 30 miles to a storage barn. The boat weighs about 18,000# and the trailer itself is nearly 5,000#. They take most of the junk out but the there is always some stuff left in it. We always stop and fill it up on the way to the lake in the spring. It holds 225 gallons of fuel alone.

As for tongue weight its about 1,000#. Not enough in my opinion but he does not want to mess with the trailer setup. My boat for example weighs 15,600# and has 1,800# of tongue weight. Biggest obstacle is the width being 11.5' and nearly 13' wide on the trailer.

Yes, he is way over weight but so am I. We take our chances. The trucks handle it fine but my 04 F-250 would not and neither would the 05 3500 SRW Dmax I had. My 06 Diesel F-350 SRW handles it like a dream. I pulled a single wide mobile home for a church back in 07 with no issues with my F-350. It was something like 70' long and 12 or 14' wide. I only transported it 3.5 miles and it was all back roads and no more than 30 mph. I see guys around here pulling 25,000# pintle trailers all the time with full size BackHoes on them for 20,000# to 23,000# nearly daily.

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #742  
For options it also hasoff road pkg,shift on fly, limited slip, 4x4 off road pkg, powerscope tow mirrors, alum wheels, 6 way power seats, adj gas/brake pedal and last but not least and the most important that other trucks don't have is that Tailgate Step. :eek:

I'm not trying to change anyones opinion, but I would never ever want that thing on my tailgate. It seems it would get in the way, granted we get loaded from the rear with forklifts much more. But I couldnt imagine dragging bags of feed or anything to the back to open the bags and taking the chance of ripping them or having to pick them up over carefully. Just doesnt seem useful enough unless you have an injury or something the prohibits you from climbing into the bed the old fashioned way. IMHO

Kyle

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #743  
Hi,

I was looking at old threads(2007), and noticed a your 14' dump trailer which you also use for hauling your tarctor. Can you let me know where you picked up this unit.

Thanks,
Viking

This ones pretty funny, he dosent mention the name, this thread is 70+ pages at this point, even regulars cant remember every thing that was on this?

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #744  
Truckandtrailer013.jpg

Truckandtrailer007.jpg

Truckandtrailer005-1.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #745  
That is a sharp looking truck and trailer combo with the graphics that are on it.

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #746  
I agree with Chris that's a nice rig. I see you use your storage like we did when we where in the garage door business....as your shop!:laughing::thumbsup:

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #747  
I'm not trying to change anyones opinion, but I would never ever want that thing on my tailgate. It seems it would get in the way, granted we get loaded from the rear with forklifts much more. But I couldnt imagine dragging bags of feed or anything to the back to open the bags and taking the chance of ripping them or having to pick them up over carefully. Just doesnt seem useful enough unless you have an injury or something the prohibits you from climbing into the bed the old fashioned way. IMHO

Kyle

You obviously haven't seen one and you clearly haven't even had your first knee surgery. First, they fold into the tailgate and are basically unseen. Second, any injuries you have had that healed up, just wait, they'll all come back in about 30 years with a vengeance! I imagine most trucks will have them in a few years. It's sort of like when power steering came out. Who needed power steering?! What wimps! Now how many trucks don't have power steering? Same sort of deal. Go drive you a truck without power steering; the old fashioned way. ;)

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #748  
Hey, Dargo! Do you have one of those Harbor Freight Chinese folding trailers??? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #749  
Here is what I pull to the hunting club... Just got to figure out to get the new Kubota somewhere:confused2:

AndyG

Attachments

• IMG_1374.jpg
    IMG_1374.jpg
    720.5 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_1371.jpg
    IMG_1371.jpg
    598.4 KB · Views: 282
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #750  
Here is what I pull to the hunting club... Just got to figure out to get the new Kubota somewhere:confused2:

AndyG

Funny, your truck has to be out in the street to hook up!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Man, I wouldn't like to see you coming down the road!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing: They must have "very" lax towing laws down in TN!!! :confused2::confused2::confused2: