Page 76 of 184 FirstFirst ... 26667374757677787986126176 ... LastLast

Default Re: Your towing rigs and trailers

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondpilot View Post
    That is a sharp looking truck and trailer combo with the graphics that are on it.

Chris
    Thanks Chris. It's the rig I have wanted since I was 9. Only too me 40 years to get.

Quote Originally Posted by jayste View Post
    I agree with Chris that's a nice rig. I see you use your storage like we did when we where in the garage door business....as your shop!
    Well I live in a small town and have an old model A type garage here, and the units are right close to my customer base, cheap and clean. I get a 10 x 30 for 100 a month. I also pay 42 a month for a dedicated paved spot for my trailer in winter and when not in use.

I had hoped to sell the two homes I have, one paid for, and one under water like a fish and get a small spread with a nice pole barn, but can't now because of the market situation.

I owe 125,000 on a home that may not sell for fifty.

Tractor
    Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags

Quote Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
    You obviously haven't seen one and you clearly haven't even had your first knee surgery. First, they fold into the tailgate and are basically unseen. Second, any injuries you have had that healed up, just wait, they'll all come back in about 30 years with a vengeance! I imagine most trucks will have them in a few years. It's sort of like when power steering came out. Who needed power steering?! What wimps! Now how many trucks don't have power steering? Same sort of deal. Go drive you a truck without power steering; the old fashioned way.
    I second that Dargo and that's why I have one on mine. Makes it MUCH easier to climb up and down and folds up out of sight nice and smoothly. Great option.

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Quote Originally Posted by Agrantina View Post
    Here is what I pull to the hunting club... Just got to figure out to get the new kubota somewhere

AndyG
    Nice job with the double pull. Thats the way we do it around here also.

Chris

Tractor
    Kubota L3240 GST

Quote Originally Posted by CompactTractorFan View Post
    Funny, your truck has to be out in the street to hook up!!! Man, I wouldn't like to see you coming down the road!!! They must have "very" lax towing laws down in TN!!!

Yea the neighbor痴 love me especially when I block have the cove off to hook the train up Actually we are legal to pull double here. If I remember as long as I am not over 40ft off the RV axle I am good Besides the frame on the RV is not strong enough to pull anything heavier. I put one heck on a hitch together- but the RV frame just not going to handle a bigger trailer with the kubota behind it Well there is always plan be and that is to move to the farm

AndyG
    Lets work in the solution and not in the problem...

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5030 HSTC, MF 5455

There is an optional 16,000 lb rated (with WD) hitch you can order. I've got one on my F-350.

Mines an old 2 valve 5.4 so you go slow when towing heavy. If you follow the "factory" tables, I can only tow like 7000 lb with my F-350. I have the same brakes and axle weight ratings as all the other 350's that year. If you look into it, the rating is because of the from stop hill acceleration test in the SAE tow rating standard. I don't have enough power to accel fast enough to get the 13,000 lb rating the V-10 with low axle ratio has. I don't need to go fast up hills thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt CHEG View Post
    How heavy of a trailer could you tow with such a hitch? I know in all of Ford's literature they give a tow limit of roughly 13,000 pounds for all their trucks via bumper pull. I figured that number was partly limited by the hitches themselves, but how heavy of an equipment trailer could one reasonably expect to pull with a setup like your uncle's without squatting the rear too much?

As to johnk, nice rig. I think that it very similar to what I might look for when I pay my half ton truck off to keep strictly as a heavy hauler.

Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

Here is what I pull to the hunting club... AndyG
    mental note... brake controller on MAX
    Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by schmism View Post
    mental note... brake controller on MAX
    Thats a bad idea. (I think you were joking) but that is a easy way to jack knife the center trailer.

This double pull thing is not that big of a deal. He is pulling it with a 3/4 ton truck. I would guess the 5th wheel is 11,000# or so and the back trailer is a single axle 3,500# unit that is loaded to maybe 2,800#. His truck has plenty of capacity.

I really can not believe some of you guys have never seen this done. I literally see these every weekend at the camp ground right by the lake. Its usually a 38-35' camper and a 18' boat but we also see guys pulling golf carts on single axle trailers, jet skis, and I have even seen a pop up camper behind another camper.

Chris

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//CAT 312B//Komatsu D38

My latest load....road trip thru NY, VT, MA, PA, and back to OH.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2010-145-jpg  

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by scoutcub View Post
    My latest load....road trip thru NY, VT, MA, PA, and back to OH.
    Very nice. You are Cub crazy!

Chris

"Ranchin'" on a 1/4 of a 1/4 in Seminole County, Oklahoma!
    Tractor
    2004 Kubota M4800 SU

Here is what I pull to the hunting club... Just got to figure out to get the new kubota somewhere

AndyG
    I see this here in OK as well. Truck, 5th wheel and boat or ATV trailer. Some of us will even have truck, horse or livestock gooseneck and then wagon. Of course, the wagon has to track good. (read; updated spindles or axles)

Sorry, don't have pics of the "train".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscn0393-jpg  
    Jay

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 NKJV

Page 76 of 184 FirstFirst ... 26667374757677787986126176 ... LastLast