Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #781  
Here's one of my rigs -

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #784  
Did those camper jacks clear the fenders/wheels on the trailer ?, how did you get it up there ?
Yep the jacks wouldn't clear

Took a little figuring, some 2" x 3/16 square tubing, short pieces of 3/16" wall receiver tubing, 2" x 2" x 3/16 angle and some time but it works good (the receiver tubes are pinned at the top to the crosspieces so it's a tool-less job to take the jacks and crosspieces off) though you do have to slide the jacks and crossbars out and leave them at home or strap them to the trailer deck if you're gonna need them wherever you're going. :cool:

You can see more at Stuff

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #785  
Did those camper jacks clear the fenders/wheels on the trailer ?, how did you get it up there ?

Initially, the camper was set onto the trailer with a forklift so my next deal was how to unload/load it w/out the f'lift which is what my previous post shows.;)

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #786  
This should stir a few feathers! :D Took this load to a show about an hour from home last summer. Passed three State troopers sitting beside the road on the way home, they just watched me drive by.

I don't pull two out of state! ~~ grnspot110

Attachments

• TRACTOR SHOWS 2009 103 - Copy.jpg
    TRACTOR SHOWS 2009 103 - Copy.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 514
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #787  
what is the rules for pulling two trailers?

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #788  
what is the rules for pulling two trailers?

Depends on the state. We do it all the time around here. I see at least 10 trucks pulling campers pulling boats every week down at the lakes. I have towed a Jet Ski behind a 28' boat behind my extended cab truck.

As for Alabama where you live its NOT LEGAL. For where I live, Indiana, its LEGAL as long as you do not exceed 65' overall.

By the way, its LEGAL in Missouri.

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #789  
Depends on the state. We do it all the time around here. I see at least 10 trucks pulling campers pulling boats every week down at the lakes. I have towed a Jet Ski behind a 28' boat behind my extended cab truck.

As for Alabama where you live its NOT LEGAL. For where I live, Indiana, its LEGAL as long as you do not exceed 65' overall.

By the way, its LEGAL in Missouri.

Chris

Don't know that it's legal here, but a friend pulls a tandem rig consisting of a horse trailer and a flatbed with her wagon all over the state so I assume it is.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #790  
Like DP said, double pulling is totally state by state.

You'll never see 'that' type of double pulling in WA.

Semi's are a different story.