Bronze Member

Default WW2 Vintage Military Tires

I have a trailer that I pull with my Bobcat that is over 30 years old. I have rebuilt it several times and it's very useful for rough hauling. The tires are tube tires of the WW2 vintage used on the military CJ5, trailers, M37 and other vehicles. Is there a website were I can purchae two used tires of this vintage? Mine are wearing out!

Tractor
    JD 2305 W/CC & R4

Default Re: WW2 Vintage Military Tires

These guys used to sell them.
    Coker Tire

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Here's another one to try:
    Gensco Aircraft Tires

When I was in the Navy, tires were only on the birds (in this case, F-4 Phantoms) a very limited number of landings, then scrapped (which meant sold to companies like Gensco). The F-4 tiire had 26 plies...I have seen them on hay trailers and such.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    JD 3020, JD 4230, JD 7410, JD 2440, MF 750, NH LS170

You might try giving Colemans Surplus a call or email. They might have some new vintage tires on hand. Coleman's Military Surplus, Army Surplus Store with Government surplus, survival gear, military generator, hunting gear, camping gear

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ford 960-5

Ugly, rusty 1957 Ford 960-5, 5' Bush Hog Squealer cutter, 5' Bush Hog Model 305 HD cutter, 5' King Kutter box blade, & King Kutter boom pole.
    Kanga mini skidsteer, 20hp Honda, standard loader bucket, 4n1 bucket, 12" auger, trencher, pallet forks, and carry-all/leveler attachments.
    Bri-Mar DT508 Dump trailer
    Lincoln AC/DC tombstone
    Ready WelderII 10000ADP
    O/A cutting/welding
    Argon/CO2 shielding gases