Glad I Read This Story At Least ONCE in My Lifetime

/ Glad I Read This Story At Least ONCE in My Lifetime #2  
Just goes to show you what regular maintenance does for you. Also he seem like the type of guy to fix something at the first sign of trouble. This attitude prevents small problems from becoming big ones.

Chris

/ Glad I Read This Story At Least ONCE in My Lifetime #3  
SLOBuds said:
One Million Miles on a Chevrolet Silverado

He credits it to regular maintenance and 'a good measure of luck'.

:)

Figures it's a GM :D

Actually, it's not the first time that has been done. Quaker State Motor Oil had a GM pickup that went over a million miles back about 10 years ago.

What is equally impressive is only 5 transmissions. That's an average of ~200,000 miles per transmission. I had a previous trucks that went through 3 transmissions in 150,000 miles!

/ Glad I Read This Story At Least ONCE in My Lifetime #4  
Actually what's amazing is that he didn't list a lot of body shop visits to repair damage caused by deer collisions. Also, living in Wisconsin the roads are white long after the snow melts - SALT. Surprised his truck doesn't whistle going down the road.

He probably has hit the 1,000,000 by now.

Wonder what he will buy to replace it?

jb

/ Glad I Read This Story At Least ONCE in My Lifetime
john_bud said:
Wonder what he will buy to replace it?
jb

:) I used to be able to answer that.

At the end of 2007 my wife and I bought a condo for her mom. We decided to change out all of the appliances because they were old and dated - looking pretty grungy since they were around 25 years old.

The installer happily did his job and we had a brand new beautiful kitchen. He then turned to us, winked, and said 'you know these are going to last about 7 years, don't you?'

My 96 Toyota Avalon has 230k miles. Original engine and tranny. I absolutely love that car particularly because I previously owned a Chrysler LeBaron that leaked oil starting from day one after leaving showroom floor. Problems problems problems, left right and center.

My son has gone through many 'sexy' cars over that same 12 year period. But then ... he likes wearing $2300 watches too !! :)