Pj & Big tex trailers ??

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
I looked at the pj trailers and big tex trailers today.The PJ trailer was a 20 ft.flat bed(fenders) 14,000 lbs axles spring assit loading ramps for around $3340 and a big tex model 12eq (18 ft)12000 lbs axles for around the same price.Has anyone had any owning experience with these 2 trailer makers?Thanks for any information.coobie

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #2  
I have a 225GN (22' + 5' dovetail, folding ramps and center pop up section)from Big Tex right now. They are built about 40 miles from my house here in E Texas. So far no problems at all. I mainly move hay w/ it in the summer but it has made a few loads w/ scrap iron and some machinery. My neighbor has a 30+5 trailer and loves it. Some other friends have a 245GN (33+5) low profile and use it to pull a small dozer, skid loaders, hay, etc. We even put an R Model Mack w/ a tender fertilizer bed on it once to get it home.
Everyone I know w/ these trailers is more than happy.
Can't help w/ the PJ trailer though.

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #3  
PJ trailers are TOP NOTCH !!!!!! I love mine.

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #4  
what would a 2008 516 pj trailer go for??it a 16ft car i think

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #5  
I have a PJ 18 foot car hauler with the diamond plate fenders and five foot ramps. I paid 2,150 before tax. I have had it for just over a year now and would guess that I have about 5,000 miles on it. I love the trailer, it tows nice, has a built in ramp holders on the right side. I have the pressure treated 2x6 deck. When I went looking for a trailer this was the only one that had a 5" channel main frame and 2" channel crossmembers for less than 2,500. I have towed angle ironed framed trailers before and watched the flex and did not like it. I only have two complaints about the trailer #1 the wiring had scotch locks all over it. I have since replaced every one with solder and heat shrink, did not want the green fuzzies. #2 the tounge jack location, on the inside of the right hand tounge rail. It pivots and pins on tubing. Good design of the jack but it does not allow you to put a tool box on the tounge.
All and all I really like the trailer and it has been good. It came with C rated tires and when the trailer is loaded to darn near capacity it looks like they are over loaded even though they are not according to specs. When these need replaced I will will replace them with a D rated tire.

100_2112.jpg

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #6  
i though they where made here ?it looks like the one i saw is made in mexico

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #8  
Dallas Lilly,

I hate Scotch locks too! As soon as the weather moderates, It will be solder and heatshrink on my new trailer. 3M makes a liquid sealer that comes with a brush applicator in the lid. "Scotchkote"

It is Bad A__ !! I paint it on all of the connections
before AND after the heatshrink. Get some on your fingers and you will see how effective it is. Highly recomended.

Thanks.... BD

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #9  
I bought a 20 foot Big Tex 12PI HEAVY DUTY PIPE TANDEM AXLE TRAILER Tandem axle 12PI paid $2550 for the trailer about 4 years ago. One complaint is that the spare tire and wheel cost an extra $125. Would have felt better if it had been included in the purchase price. Had to replace two deck boards because an over loaded forklift drove on to it and cracked them. I use it to haul my Mahindra 4500 4WD w FEL as well as anything over 10 feet long. Tows and tracks very well.

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #10  
How about a B.U.D., made in Florida?
I looked at them at the PA Farm Show in Harrisburg, Pa.
It looked like an ok trailer, and the price was very competative.
I looked at their web site, not much there.
Anybody have any experience with that brand?