New F 350

/ New F 350 #21  
Now that the V-10 guys have convinced themselves that "DMAX diesels can't keep up" with a V-10 while towing, the V-10 will tow weight just as well with less HP & TQ as a new diesel, the fuel mileage is the same because diesel costs .50 more, I guess the next thing you're gonna say is that a gas engine will run as many miles as a diesel too, right?

lmao

/ New F 350 #22  
Well, I don't want to keep a truck for twenty years to get the full use of the engine. Oh by the way, I put three engines in my last diesel, they are not all that great.

Bake

/ New F 350 #23  
Builder, you may want to read a little slower, I never said the things that you posted. For me and my opinion only, the V10 has turned out to be more economical and does what I need. I had this conversation with a 12 year old over quads last week. He could not understand why anyone would want a utility quad instead of a sports quad. I couldn't get him to understand that different people have different needs. Yes your diesel is bigger, badder and stronger than my V10, but I don't need it. My tractor is bigger and badder than yours, why don't you have one like mine? You seem to consistently put down V10 buyers.

Bake

LMAO

/ New F 350 #24  
bake321 said:
Builder, you may want to read a little slower, I never said the things that you posted. For me and my opinion only, the V10 has turned out to be more economical and does what I need. I had this conversation with a 12 year old over quads last week. He could not understand why anyone would want a utility quad instead of a sports quad. I couldn't get him to understand that different people have different needs. Yes your diesel is bigger, badder and stronger than my V10, but I don't need it. My tractor is bigger and badder than yours, why don't you have one like mine? You seem to consistently put down V10 buyers.

Bake

LMAO

WTF are you talking about? :confused: I wasn't referring to anything you've written, aight? I wah referring to CHH and other posts written comapring gas to diesel from weeks or months ago. I didn't even read your post before I wrote mine, so back off.

I never put down V-10 buyers. In fact, I can go back and find more than once where i've said the V-10 is the best gas choice out there. Please don't make me out to be or be doing something I'm not. Thanks. :)

/ New F 350 #25  
Builder,
You need to realize that you were replying to the "V10 guys",which I am one, also signing off with LMAO.

Bake

/ New F 350
Builder said:
Now that the V-10 guys have convinced themselves that "DMAX diesels can't keep up" with a V-10 while towing, the V-10 will tow weight just as well with less HP & TQ as a new diesel, the fuel mileage is the same because diesel costs .50 more, I guess the next thing you're gonna say is that a gas engine will run as many miles as a diesel too, right?

lmao

Stay calm Builder, I was just razzing you a little. Truth be known, I would be really amazed if the dmax I was refering to had ever been over 50 mph since it was new. That old man just doesn't go that fast.

I did look hard at a new Chevy '07 Dmax and '07 with a 6.0. The dealer just didn't want them off his lot bad enough.;) I could have bought the '08 F350 cheaper outright than trading for the Dmax from him. He always has plenty of trucks on the lot to look at though.(in fact they are both still there right now)

/ New F 350 #27  
chh said:
Stay calm Builder, I was just razzing you a little. Truth be known, I would be really amazed if the dmax I was refering to had ever been over 50 mph since it was new. That old man just doesn't go that fast.

I did look hard at a new Chevy '07 Dmax and '07 with a 6.0. The dealer just didn't want them off his lot bad enough.;) I could have bought the '08 F350 cheaper outright than trading for the Dmax from him. He always has plenty of trucks on the lot to look at though.(in fact they are both still there right now)

Oh....I'm calm.

I think you made the best choice given your predicament.
However, I stand by my diesel observations. More torque available at lower RPM means better towing performance and better fuel economy. I'm sure the V-10 was $7,000 cheaper.

Good luck with it and let us know how she treats you. :)

/ New F 350 #28  
I run a Biodiesel blend. I get it in bulk from a local supplier and it runs cheaper than what I see at the pumps. Besides my tractors and my truck, I drive a diesel VW wagon. The only time I go to the filling station is to get gas for the chain saws, mower and such.

I know that last fuel load I got was cheaper than premium gas at the pump but I didn't compare against regular.

/ New F 350 #29  
We just started running a new 08' Chevy 3500, crew cab, dually, 4x4, Duramax/Allison, about a month ago. We hadn't run a Duramx for about the past five years, as we have been running Dodge's since about 03'. I sent Dad to Mississippi two weeks ago with our 48' stepdeck to pick up two new 08' Dodge 2500 quad cab short bed, 4x4, Diesel's, and on the return trip he averaged 7.5 mpg. I sent him to Chicago last week for the same kind of truck except only one of them instead of two, it was really windy and that trip only yielded 6.5 mpg. I am not bashing the Chevy, as the 07' Dodge we just got rid of was only doing 1-1.5 mpg better than this Chevy. With the cost for the diesel option new being between $6,000-$7,000 depending on manufacturers, and diesel over $4.00 in some areas, a diesel just does not pencil out for most people, not everybody, but a lot of them. My new diesel truck sales are down by nearly 50% from a year ago, and gas is up almost 40%. Figure it out.

/ New F 350 #30  
CumminsLuke said:
We just started running a new 08' Chevy 3500, crew cab, dually, 4x4, Duramax/Allison, about a month ago. We hadn't run a Duramx for about the past five years, as we have been running Dodge's since about 03'. I sent Dad to Mississippi two weeks ago with our 48' stepdeck to pick up two new 08' Dodge 2500 quad cab short bed, 4x4, Diesel's, and on the return trip he averaged 7.5 mpg. I sent him to Chicago last week for the same kind of truck except only one of them instead of two, it was really windy and that trip only yielded 6.5 mpg. I am not bashing the Chevy, as the 07' Dodge we just got rid of was only doing 1-1.5 mpg better than this Chevy. With the cost for the diesel option new being between $6,000-$7,000 depending on manufacturers, and diesel over $4.00 in some areas, a diesel just does not pencil out for most people, not everybody, but a lot of them. My new diesel truck sales are down by nearly 50% from a year ago, and gas is up almost 40%. Figure it out.

Care to state for the record the SPEEDS you operate at...:rolleyes: