GM intergrated trailer brake controller?

/ GM intergrated trailer brake controller? #12  
Diamondpilot said:
One last thing to think about is why a 2500? A 3500 is only a few dollars more and will haul about 1000# more in the bed, tow better due to the heavier suspension, and will tow more in most cases. I made the mistake of getting a F-250 and quickly wanted a F-350. Most 3/4 truck owners I know wish they spent the extra $750 or so and steeped up.

Chris

Agreed.

/ GM intergrated trailer brake controller? #13  
I wouldn't let the quality of the ride between a 3/4 and 1 ton make your decision. I'd think more about whether you need extra PIN weight that a 1-ton offers and whether you want to spend a few more bucks/year to register it.

I have also seen that in some states, different lemon laws cut off at different registered vehicle weights. Some states consider 1-tons "commercial" because of their higher GVWR and that may affect your lemon law protection.

/ GM intergrated trailer brake controller? #14  
I have a leftover 07 NBS 2500HD withe the built in controller. It works fine hauling my 7000 gvw PJ trailer and GC2310TLB. The frame is pretty wide on the HD,it is built pretty heavy for plowing or towing. I got the 6.0 with the 6L90E transmisson. It is a little hard on fuel driving local,couldn't see spending 8000.00 more for the Duramax and fuel being higher then gas and I only do approx. 5000 miles a year with it. plowking

/ GM intergrated trailer brake controller? #15  
plowking said:
I have a leftover 07 NBS 2500HD withe the built in controller. It works fine hauling my 7000 gvw PJ trailer and GC2310TLB. The frame is pretty wide on the HD,it is built pretty heavy for plowing or towing. I got the 6.0 with the 6L90E transmisson. It is a little hard on fuel driving local,couldn't see spending 8000.00 more for the Duramax and fuel being higher then gas and I only do approx. 5000 miles a year with it. plowking

It makes a difference once you start towing heavy, like 12,000lbs +. Fuel mileage on a diesel only goes down slightly, gasser drops to mid-upper single digits. Gas is fine for up to 10-11K towing.