Can I load a trailer like this

/ Can I load a trailer like this #1  

LabLuvR

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5400
I'm wanting to haul my 37hp Kubota which is 12 foot long, a bushog that is 6' not counting the rear wheel, a cultipacker which is 2' deep and a rototiller, 3' deep at once.:D

From my calculations I'm about a foot short if I load them back to back on the trailer I'm thinking about buying. Would it work to back up to the trailer and load the rototiller sideways near the front if I can raise it that high? That would then give me plenty of room. The other optiion may be to place the rototiller between the trailer header and the jack. Not certain I like that idea though.

/ Can I load a trailer like this #2  
Buy a longer trailer.

/ Can I load a trailer like this #3  
I have loaded many trailers that way. A longer trailer might not help. you cant load the tiller after the tractor with the bushog already attached. and most are too heavy to manhandle up onto the trailer.

/ Can I load a trailer like this #4  
The main consideration MUST be the tounge weight of the trailer. I think you would be best off fining where the ballance points are, with tractor and with each implement attached, and with each implement in front, beside or behind. Also consider loading tactor bacwards to find best ballance.

/ Can I load a trailer like this
My idea was to back onto the trailer and unload the rototiller, then do the same with the cultipacker. That would leave the tractor and bushhog facing forward to fill in the remaining area toward the back. I would buy a longer trailer but 22' is the longest I can get and still keep all the other things such as weight etc in line with my truck capabilities.

/ Can I load a trailer like this #6  
Ah, after re-reading I see. I misunderstood & thought somehow your trailer was 12ft. I really couldn't understand how it could even come close to working. Now it makes more sense. Personally, yes, I would put the implements on first, then drive the tractor on. That's how I do it if needed. Usually putting the loader over one of the implements if it can.
Tongue weight is important as said. Usually with the lighter implements up front & the tractor on the rear it's okay.