Honda Truck? Pulling Trailer

/ Honda Truck? Pulling Trailer #1  

rich_ncal

Gold Member
Tractor
TS1610
Here is a picture of the new Honda Truck (?) pulling a trailer up highway 50 in the California Sierra foothills.

Looks like a big tractor diesel 6 cylinder engine on the trailer.

It looked better in person. I wish I could have taken more pictures but I was holding up traffic to get this picture.

Attachments

• Honda Truck Pulling Trailer.JPG
    Honda Truck Pulling Trailer.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 2,390
   / Honda Truck? Pulling Trailer #2  
Honda? That looks like an old 70s Datsun? But no idea.

The volkswagen pickup bed is pretty good by itself.

If I saw that on the road I'd stay around a mile away

/ Honda Truck? Pulling Trailer #3  
Honda? That looks like an old 70s Datsun? But no idea.

The volkswagen pickup bed is pretty good by itself.

If I saw that on the road I'd stay around a mile away

/ Honda Truck? Pulling Trailer #4  
It's an older Honda Civic.

/ Honda Truck? Pulling Trailer #6  
That raises the bar for some of my neighbors!!:eek:

/ Honda Truck? Pulling Trailer #7  
rich_ncal said:
Here is a picture of the new Honda Truck (?)...
That is a 1976 or '77 Honda Civic. You can tell by the all red, three tier taillights. They changed to red and amber 2 tier taillights for '78 and '79.

On this vehicle, there is no hitch, or posibility for hitch, so it has to be a bolt/clamp-on bumper type. Thin metal bumpers, too. I had one on my '78 Civic that I purchased when 14 and re-built bolt by bolt. I pulled a very, very small trailer with light collegiate-quality loads (random lamps, pillows, bikes, etc). By the looks of the angle on that "trailer", he is employing a similar clamp-on thing.

Personally, I wouln't have gotten much closer to get a better picture. Looks just a little over the rated tow capacity of ZERO!!!

Surprised he doesn't have ANOTHER trailer mounted to the ball on the Volkswagen bed. Perhaps he figured that'd be too low and didn't want to drag the safety chains...

/ Honda Truck? Pulling Trailer #8  
IMHO looks safer than the semi tripples being pulled in OR going down a mountain pass weaving like a snake.

mark

/ Honda Truck? Pulling Trailer #9  
You've all got it wrong. This is a prototype of a joint venture between Honda and Volkswagon. It is an articulated diesel rear engine lowrider.