18' flatbed trailer weighs what

/ 18' flatbed trailer weighs what #1  

rollbar

Bronze Member
Tractor
2005 4520 jd
can anyone tell me approximately what an 18' flatbed utility trailor actually weighs? I had one built and the dealer told me he really did't know but put
down on the title 1800 lbs. does this sound close? seems heavy to me. it is a well built trailo though. thanks

/ 18' flatbed trailer weighs what #2  
The better the trailer is built, the more it will weigh. Do you have a truck stop nearby with a scale? JC

/ 18' flatbed trailer weighs what #3  
1800lbs is in the ballpark for a well built 18' (deck space) trailer.

/ 18' flatbed trailer weighs what #4  
Actually, it may be light. I have a 18' bumper pull rated for 12k and it's closer to #2500. Same exact trailer with lesser tires is rated 10k, and weighs the same. A lot depends on construction. I'd guess the range is 1500 to 3500# all depending on how it is built.

A truck stop scale (or a landscape supply place where they weigh you empty and full) is going to be the best bet to KNOW what it is .

/ 18' flatbed trailer weighs what #5  
I have a 16' wood deck tandem 3500# axles / 1 dexter brake axle, big-tex trailer with 2 HD ramps... she weighs 1740# according to cat scales..

Soundguy

/ 18' flatbed trailer weighs what #6  
You should be able to find some scales local. I rented a dump trailer Thursday, and used scales when I bought sand, then at the rock quarry and even at the local landfill where they only charged me for loading compost. JC

/ 18' flatbed trailer weighs what #7  
My 18', dual #3500 axle, car hauler I just purchased weighs in at #2030 lbs.

/ 18' flatbed trailer weighs what #8  
I just bought an 18' utility trailer, Carry-On brand. It's rated 7,000 lbs and weighs 1750.

/ 18' flatbed trailer weighs what #9  
The weight on my 10,000 pound, 18 foot wood decked trailer was listed at about 2800 pounds.

/ 18' flatbed trailer weighs what
thanks fellas for the information on the 18' trailer weight. this is a great forum
for so much information from people who know. thanks