It was only a matter of time

/ It was only a matter of time #2  
From the Desk of Jack Healy: Toyota Named Number One and Stumbles…?

Toyota was just crowned the largest auto manufacturer in the world. And now they are dealing with a myriad of problems, specifically, quality problems. And they are big problems. Last year in the US, Toyota recalled 2.38 million vehicles; that's more than the 2.26 million vehicles the company sold...:rolleyes:

/ It was only a matter of time #3  
And what's the facination with big sales numbers anyway? Why is the biggest seller necessarily the best.

McDonalds sells the most burgers but I can get a burger at the local burger joint that tastes way better. :rolleyes:

/ It was only a matter of time #4  
PaulChristenson said:
From the Desk of Jack Healy: Toyota Named Number One and Stumbles…?

Toyota was just crowned the largest auto manufacturer in the world. And now they are dealing with a myriad of problems, specifically, quality problems. And they are big problems. Last year in the US, Toyota recalled 2.38 million vehicles; that's more than the 2.26 million vehicles the company sold...:rolleyes:

Yes but Toyota recalls vehicles if the shine wears off the paint, Detroit only recalls cars if they lose a class action lawsuit for killing too many people. Let's talk about politics next...

/ It was only a matter of time #5  
MarkLeininger said:
Yes but Toyota recalls vehicles if the shine wears off the paint, Detroit only recalls cars if they lose a class action lawsuit for killing too many people. Let's talk about politics next...

Can you please back up this statement with some hard facts??? I would love to see them.

Gary

/ It was only a matter of time #6  
MarkLeininger said:

Toyoya just began a national recall on trucks with prematurely rusted-through frames.

Sounds a bit more serious than paint without shine to me. :confused:

/ It was only a matter of time #7  
I have tried to give Toyota a chance a couple of times. The last time I had a 2002 Tacoma extended cab with a V6. After a year & 1/2 I had enough. For 1 my 1989 Chevy 3/4 ton 4X4 with a 350 V8 got better mileage. I finally traded it for w Silverado extended cab in 2003 with Z71 trim and got 10 times the truck for the same money. I will never buy a Toyota again. My experience with there customer service is less than impressive.

/ It was only a matter of time #8  
I don't know about the Toyota pickups, but my wife and I just bought a new Highlander and a 4Runner in the past two months. I couldn't be any happier with both of them. I think the 4Runner is one of the best deals out there and they're loaded with some very nice features. The 4WD 4Runner is also a very capable off road vehicle with locking differentials, hill climb assist and downhill assist control.

The Highlander is also very nice, with a smoother ride. The rear doors on the Highlander are larger and open wider, making it more practical for hauling small kids in and out of car seats.

/ It was only a matter of time #9  
gsganzer said:
I don't know about the Toyota pickups, but my wife and I just bought a new Highlander and a 4Runner in the past two months. I couldn't be any happier with both of them. I think the 4Runner is one of the best deals out there and they're loaded with some very nice features. The 4WD 4Runner is also a very capable off road vehicle with locking differentials, hill climb assist and downhill assist control.

The Highlander is also very nice, with a smoother ride. The rear doors on the Highlander are larger and open wider, making it more practical for hauling small kids in and out of car seats.

I wish you the best of luck, My wife likes those as well but my lifestyle requires Pickups. My customer service problems I'm sure are dealer based and not manufacturer. The bad experience has sowered me on the entire manufacturer

/ It was only a matter of time #10  
I am a 'domestic' brand kind of guy on pickups and a Honda/Acura kind of guy on cars. I've purchased exactly 2 new Toyota vehicles in my life. One was bought back by Toyota via the Lemon Law after going through all sorts of heck with them. The other was bought back by the dealer as to avoid another costly and embarrassing arbitration process that would have again resulted in Toyota buying back another lemon.

I'm aware that Toyota must not build all Lemons or they'd be out of business. However, after having to deal with Toyota when I've had issues, I'll pass on Toyota, thank you. The earliest any of my Honda cars have had to be in the shop is when one Civic hit 180k miles and needed a head gasket. My domestic trucks have had some issues, but they have been handled promptly and I've been right back on the road. Besides, the Toyota trucks I've driven just don't feel nearly as substantial as the domestic counterparts. They are more like slightly beefed up cars rather than trucks. Besides, Toyota seemed to want to argue about absolutely everything and kept my vehicle for months at a time. There's something about that phrase "burn me twice...".