Donahue trailer value

/ Donahue trailer value #1  

radman1

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806
What is a donahue 28' trailer worth? Seller wants $2100 which seems a little high. Floor planks are marginal. Most will need replaced. A few are new. Other wise good condition. Tires like new. I have used these before but don't know what they are worth.

Implement Carriers - The Donahue Corporation

(Its actually a JD trailer but like Donahue)

/ Donahue trailer value #2  
OK Is it just me or did I just reply to this post?
This time you called it correct, an equipment trailer. This was made to transport non-folding planters & grain headers that were to wide for legal road use. It is not made for hi-way use. It has been mostly out dated by newer style farm equipment. It's practical use is minmal to most. If you can use it great, but I feel that is a little high. It's value in my thoughts are the steel and agri-wheels that are there.
As far as the floor planks they where made to let dirt fall between them when loading in the field. If rotted then, yes they need replaced for use.

/ Donahue trailer value
Yes, you probably replied earlier to my other post. The other post was removed because it had a link to craigslist. ( Ebay is also a no no.) I removed the link and just used the picture. Like you stated, they are not very useful except when need a trailer flat on the ground to drive something on that is too wide to be loaded on a conventional trailer.

Thanks for the info on why the planks have gaps between them. It is difficult to tell in the picture, but the planks are like wooden bridge planks about 1' wide and 2.5-3" thick. In the past they seemed common, but new ones are rare today.

/ Donahue trailer value #4  
Yes, you probably replied earlier to my other post. The other post was removed because it had a link to craigslist. ( Ebay is also a no no.) I removed the link and just used the picture.
I gotta say something. And this will get removed. Every forum owner should go over to Farmall Cub and see how its run. They don't play any silly games over there and you can make all the references you want. In fact they encourage it. It is by far the best forum on the net in terms of structure. I enjoy this forum but its really silly to pull a post over a reference to another site. They think they are protecting their bottom line when in fact just the opposite occurs.

/ Donahue trailer value
The post was deleted because of the craigslist and e-bay potential for scams. If anything, TBN links to these sites have probably done a lot to protect potential buyers from scams. There has been lots of posts linking to possible scams and the good people at TBN denounce them quickly. If it is too good of a deal, its probably a scam.