Half-ton truck comparison

/ Half-ton truck comparison #11  
I agree with that. "Motor Trend Truck of the Year" is a joke, kind of like the Heisman Trophy. Just because a truck is "truck of the year", doesn't mean it'll be anything great in the future, either.

No different than MT "Car of the Year" either.
Some past "winners"
1971 - Vega
1978 - Dodge Omni/Plymouth Horizon
1980 - Chevy Citation
1983 - AMC/Renault Alliance
2000 - Lincoln LS

Very impressive!

/ Half-ton truck comparison #12  
You have to read reviews with a grain of salt. I read alot before we bought. I do note what they wrote, note it and see first hand what I think. I do a list of what I want and work from there and go for a long test drive. I looked for a good 4 months before we bought and I believe I made the best choice for what we needed/wanted.

Something reviews get quite odd! I read a test a few years back on the Jeep Rubicon and they said great wheeling vehicle off the lot. They said performed great, blah, blah! Then they criticized or just cut it down it for not having enough ground clearance. It made me think a teenager wrote the article. Motor trend did the review and I lost respect for them after that.

I do enjoy watching Auto Week and I think they review the vehicle in a non-biased light. Now if we could get Top Gear to do test on 1/2 ton trucks and drive from Alaska Tundra to the swamps of Florida that would well worth watching! :D:D

A little something like this
YouTube - The Greatest Show Ever - Top Gear

Dan