shut down

/ shut down #1  

kenmac

Tractor
McCormick CX105 Kubota MX 5100 HST, Kubota ZD1021, Kawsaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4
Heard that Chrysler will shut down all plants for 1 month starting dec. 19 Think their are trying to send a message in hopes of a bail out soon ??

Last edited:
   / shut down #2  
I think so...

/ shut down #3  
Instead of bailing out the car companys with huge sums of money, why not give a $ 3000.00 tax credit to everbody that "pays" taxes that would purchase a new Ford, GM, or Chrysler product.
That way the goverment does not own the car companys and they build their way out of this mess?

Make sense?????

/ shut down #4  
Instead of bailing out the car companys with huge sums of money, why not give a $ 3000.00 tax credit to everbody that "pays" taxes that would purchase a new Ford, GM, or Chrysler product.
That way the goverment does not own the car companys and they build their way out of this mess?

Make sense?????
Making sense and government action are at the opposit ends of the spectrum! No way it would happen. No matter what happens, there is going to be a lot of pain for tax-paying Americans.

/ shut down
copperdog, I agree,

people aren't buying because they can't afford the new vehicles. People have lost homes & their jobs. How is a bail out going to help them sell new vehicles if people can't afford to buy them ? If the bail out went to the people for the purchase of a new vehicle . That would get the big 3 going again

/ shut down #6  
I still say the problem is the gas prices. I am going to make a lot of people mad for this but we should be paying $6 per gallon. We should have been paying $4 per gallon back in 2000. We did not keep gas prices with inflation and the rest of the world and when they jumped 300% people were not ready for it.

I just talked to my uncle who owns a Shell gas station in Ohio and he said the first 3/4 of the year his sales were only off 1.2%, basically nothing. People did not change their habits, they just bought gas first and let the other bills slide. If gas would have slowly raised in price the car companies would still be selling cars, homes would not be going back to the bank at such a rate, and stocks would be stronger.

Chris

/ shut down #7  
I still say the problem is the gas prices. I am going to make a lot of people mad for this but we should be paying $6 per gallon. We should have been paying $4 per gallon back in 2000. We did not keep gas prices with inflation and the rest of the world and when they jumped 300% people were not ready for it.

I just talked to my uncle who owns a Shell gas station in Ohio and he said the first 3/4 of the year his sales were only off 1.2%, basically nothing. People did not change their habits, they just bought gas first and let the other bills slide. If gas would have slowly raised in price the car companies would still be selling cars, homes would not be going back to the bank at such a rate, and stocks would be stronger.

Chris

Chris ... thats wrong. Americans simply live outside their means, the easier it is to get the easier it becomes and the next thing ya know we are .... well where we are today.

/ shut down #8  
I agree 100% Blue River. I guess I am no better than anyone. I have a truck payment, boat payment, and a house payment. I do not and never will have a payment on a credit card. Yes, I use them all the time but I pay the bill every month in full. I do not buy it if I can not afford it.

Chris

/ shut down #9  
I agree 100% Blue River. I guess I am no better than anyone. I have a truck payment, boat payment, and a house payment. I do not and never will have a payment on a credit card. Yes, I use them all the time but I pay the bill every month in full. I do not buy it if I can not afford it.

Chris

Their are so many issue's ... remember the day we did not have mandatory Auto insurance, the type that lined the pockets of the Insurance company and the body shop and the attorney's?

In grandpas day, if we had a wreck we resolved it. When we went to the body shop and if it was outside our budget we went to the next one until a reasonable repair was acceptable, (wouldn't you like a manual that guaranteed so much for a job) even sometimes we traded to have the truck fixed!!!

Today ... we just simply accept the things that are forced upon us, including the base of this post. If you don't poke the posseum it won't bite!!

/ shut down #10  
There comes a time when output must be reduced. Consider how many vehicles are out there. Between my wife, son & I, we have have 7 vehicles, and 4 tractors. How many more are we expected to buy? It doesn't make sense to have artificial funding in order to keep producing the same volume that is going to a reduced market.