toyota tundra daully

/ toyota tundra daully #21  
Ford has a 4.5L powerstroke diesel in some of the E450SD's, and last I heard it was still on the drawing board to end up in a 1/2 ton truck. When???It's anyones guess with the economy today, but there isn't anything better than diesel torque for pulling.

/ toyota tundra daully #22  
Ford has a 4.5L powerstroke diesel in some of the E450SD's, and last I heard it was still on the drawing board to end up in a 1/2 ton truck. When???It's anyones guess with the economy today, but there isn't anything better than diesel torque for pulling.

I think you mean in the LCF series trucks made in a joint venture with IH.

BTW, the LCF trucks totally flopped.

/ toyota tundra daully #23  
I like my 8.2 and 9.4 liter Chevy gas engines for racing. They do quite well actually. With a 5500 RPM stall in the car with the 8.2 liter Chevy using the 6800 RPM rev limiter chip, I'd describe the launch off the line as "violent". :)

I like cubic inches. the 7.0l Hemi is still King of Kings. That's 426Ci... Ya Bubba! Although, for the street, a 440 six pick was pretty hot on it's own right.

Besides, your old Cummins was probably as fast :D

/ toyota tundra daully #24  
Correct,(LCF) we have a few in our Fleet,but up to now haven't had any negative feedback from our using Departments.

/ toyota tundra daully #26  
-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As already said; the LCF, built by Blue Diamond Joint Venture in Mexico. Most components US/Mexican sourced, with Mazda Japan supplying the cab assembly. About 200 HP is all you will see in a fleet truck of this type. Once you get past the C-5500 GM's and the F-650 Fords, the HP goes down and the durability goes up. The 350+ diesel/s are for the 3/4-1 ton, one upmanship horsepower wars.

/ toyota tundra daully #28  
The most powerful powertrain controllers go to emergency vehicles, build a truck online and GM and Ford offer several engine/trans ratings according to customer;several differing dump truck setups, school bus settings, and emergency vehicle settings, with the emergency vehicle settings with the highest HP/TQ go to Gov't purchase order/fleet orders, and large private ambulance co's. Cat/Alison list what flashes and sometimes add-on's required to upgrade ECM to EV specs, but will not warranty it for the average consumer. Go to the GM and Ford Medium Duty truck build sheets (and IH) and build your own it is surprising all the combo's.

/ toyota tundra daully #29  
   / toyota tundra daully #30  
I have a "Datsun" 1980 with a diesel engine. The mileage was low 30's if memory is right. It was built for the 55 mph speed limit (remember that to save fuel) and when the limit was raise and if you ran 70 mph the mileage dropped a good bit. The pickup was their extended cab and with air and 5 speed manual. The engine was great. Not a 0 to 60 demon but I really over loaded it with a trailer and a Ford 601 tractor and disk and yes it pulled it. Of course brakes and suspension were way over loaded and it was only pulled far enough to unload (still remember that).

In that case it was the sheet metal and seats that were light weight stuff. No complaints on that engine ever. The guy who I sold it to I think drove it until the body died. There was very little noise from that engine especially compared to VW diesel right after that. That Jetta got 45 mpg with it's diesel. Rattled like a big bucket of nuts.