toyota tundra daully

/ toyota tundra daully #31  
I have heard alot about these new 1/2ton diesels gm is going to have a 4.5Dmax thats in production or waiting to go into production,dodge is looking at a 5.0liter cummins that about ready for production and ford was looking at a 4.4loin diesel in house motor i havent heard much about it.. Ford really messed up when they didnt wait for the emmisson 7.3 came in in late 2003 the had to have a new motor ASAP and then came the 6.0liter and that messed it all up for ford.. International makes one heck of a motor..

/ toyota tundra daully #33  
I have heard alot about these new 1/2ton diesels gm is going to have a 4.5Dmax thats in production or waiting to go into production,dodge is looking at a 5.0liter cummins that about ready for production and ford was looking at a 4.4loin diesel in house motor i havent heard much about it..

All these diesels have been put on hold.

Ford really messed up when they didnt wait for the emmisson 7.3 came in in late 2003 the had to have a new motor ASAP and then came the 6.0liter and that messed it all up for ford.. International makes one heck of a motor..

You got that right. The 6L was a huge flop and really cost Ford a lot in customer loyalty. It was one of the reasons I left Ford and went elsewhere. International has made some good ones, but they've made their share of boat anchors, too. The 9L was a POS and the 6L was their best selling POS. Best thing is they're both history.

I have a DT466. That's a nice IH diesel.

Last edited:
   / toyota tundra daully #34  
The DT466 is a good motor my girlfriends dad has one in his bus. My cuz just went to work for a towing company and is running a International Durastar 4300 wrecker with a Maxxforce 9 motor with 330hp with a 10speed I got to ride in it today seems to have alot of get up and go. Cant go wrong with international. Thanks for the update on the 1/2ton diesel's i didnt know to much about when they were coming out or anything not that i would buy one seems dumb to me, besides fuel economy..

/ toyota tundra daully #35  
The 9L was a POS and the 6L was their best selling POS. Best thing is they're both history

You say that, but it's easy to look it up and see that in the later years it was one of their best engines. For the model 2006 it had fewer warranty claims than any engine from Ford. A direct quote from Wikipedia is "There were many running changes to the engine and in the 2006 year model the 6.0 had the lowest rate of warranty claims across the board for Ford Motor Company when compared to all of Ford's gas and diesel engines." Ford is continuing to use that same engine in their "E" series vehicles all through the 2009 model year. How can this be if, as you say, it is a POS?! It sure sounds as if you are simply spreading unsubstantiated hearsay based solely on the fact that for some reason you don't like Ford pickups. You seem to love looking up facts, and the facts simply don't back up what you claim here.

/ toyota tundra daully #36  
no the facts are in 2003-2004.5 the 6.0liter sucked lots and lots of probs now in 2006-2007 they were a good motor lots of power I drove one of them before its a good motor nothing like the 7.3 though this new 6.4seems to be doing good to

/ toyota tundra daully #37  
I have 2 6.0L Fords, a 2004 F-250 4x4 and a 2006 F-350 4x4, with zero issues. They have never been in the shop a day except for the 2006 having a bad Fuel Gauge Cluster. No motor issues at all. The give good economy, I have averaged over 17 mpg on both and seen as good as 23.6 on the highway.

By the way both were modified after the first oil change, 5,000 miles, with Quadzilla 120 RWHP Chips, MAC High Flow intakes and filters, and 4" exhaust.

Chris

/ toyota tundra daully #38  
glad to here your 04 hasnt given you any probs.. they were know for probs.. how many more settings do you have on the quad chip??

/ toyota tundra daully #39  
no the facts are in 2003-2004.5 the 6.0liter sucked lots and lots of probs now in 2006-2007 they were a good motor lots of power I drove one of them before its a good motor nothing like the 7.3 though this new 6.4seems to be doing good to

I had a 7.3 (1999) and I had so many issues with it that I dumped it and bought a Dodge. That Dodge was the ultimate in reliability and had tons of power after some mods but was just getting old. I drove the Chevy (I actually had good service from a 6.5 a long time ago) but didn't care for it. I also drove a newer Dodge and a Ford; all one ton DRW. I liked both of them but liked the ride and drive of the Ford better. The 6.4 Ford had already been killed off last year and is being replaced by a Ford 6.7 and all 3 domestic diesels have been having fits with the poorly designed DPFs. That left me looking at '06 - '07 pickups.

Besides just preferring the Ford truck (which kills my dad - he's like "builder" and nothing is good in his mind but a GM product), I drove a Chevy and a Ford with SCT programmers on them. To my surprise, the Ford 6.0 had noticeably more power. So, I bought an '06 Ford this go around. I was ticked to have had an oil leak pop up right away, but it was handled under warranty and hasn't leaked since. I also bought an SCT tuner from a member on here (I can't mention who because I think I'd violate the rules here and be 'advertising' for him). With the 'race' tune from the SCT and no other mods, my 8000+ pound crew cab 4X4 DRW ran a 14.215 quarter mile! That's enough to thrill me. I don't even normally run with that tune now. A far milder tune is just fine with me.

My relative who works at the Toyota plant in Princeton, IN (builds Tundra and Sequoia) first told me of a one ton Toyota prototype he'd seen well over a year ago. Now not only has he heard nothing further about a one ton from Toyota, but he has no idea what vehicles they'll eventually build there. I honestly thought a one ton dually diesel Tundra would be awesome, but I don't know when or if we'll ever see one.

/ toyota tundra daully #40  
Weird how things work out I know alot of guys that have the 7.3 and love them no probs.. I was looking for one with a 6speed but i didnt find one then i turned back to my routes and got a 06 GMC 2500HD LLY dmax/6speed allison I put a PPE hot+2 chip in it a 5" turbo back exhaust and banks intake and man will she run not trying to start anything but ive killed a 2005 6.0liter powerstroke with a edge chip and exhaust on it and a 6.7cummins with a chip,but i think he would have had a better chance if he knew how to shift a stick.. All in all diesel is the way to go in my book dont matter what one you buy there all good till they break. I just wish my truck had a 6speed stick shift. Dads got a 08 GMC dmax that runs good of coarse the DPF fell off somewhere.. LOL