Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default toyota tundra daully

Toyota Tundra Daully

[YouTube - Toyota World Ag Expo 2008

PROJECT VEHICLE ONLY

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Have a few of this and that...but I bleed green!

Default Re: toyota tundra daully

Either that's a small woman or a BIG truck, by the size of those wheels to her- its a big truck, looks larger than a Dodge Mega cab.

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

That was a pretty cool concept rig. Nice Big Hino engine. Unfortunately it looks like Toyota has killed their diesel pickup project which was a bad move in my eyes.PickupTrucks.com: Update 2 - Sources Say A-BAT A Go, Tundra Light-Duty Diesel Shelved

Tractor
    Kubota M4900 FEL; New Holland TC30 MMM; Ford 1620; Ford 1520 MMM; John Deere X740; John Deere 455 MMM; Craftsman 19.5hp;;;;; Antiques: 1946 John Deere B; 1951 John Deere MT; 1952 Allis Chalmers B; 1967 International 140

I've read about that in a couple magazines. Unfortunately, I heard they were killing it. But, they may bring it back, 'cause rumor is, the big 3 are all looking at producing 1/2 ton diesels in the next few years.

Kyle

Tractor
    Few John Deere's and one Ford 3600 diesel.

wow, she's pretty good lookin'! i'm afraid that if i were to ever walk on a Toyota lot and she walked out to talk to me i would end up drving home a Tundra and i don't even care for 'em!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy12 View Post
    I've read about that in a couple magazines. Unfortunately, I heard they were killing it. But, they may bring it back, 'cause rumor is, the big 3 are all looking at producing 1/2 ton diesels in the next few years.

Kyle
    I believe Ford has killed its idea for a F150 diesel.

Tractor
    bx-23 ,

Quote Originally Posted by radman1 View Post
    I believe Ford has killed its idea for a F150 diesel.
    They did ,i just read it in 4 wheeler magazine.
    NEW IN 2015 KUBOTA B 3300 su with LA504 loader,BH 77 backhoe and thumb, loaded r4s ,block heater.two led light bars ,Farmi winch 351p ,Pronovost Puma 54 inch 3 point snow blower with wings and chute control. LRC60 woods landscape rake,Salsco 624xt hydraulic feed chipper, homemade logging forks, 4 ft woods box blade,/////////////////////////////////.former tractorNEW IN 2005 bx 23 with homemade cab1900 hours

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

with all the oil issues we are having, i dont understand why they are not using diesel more then gas engines esp for light trucks. I believe that if we have more drivers using diesel, it will hlep to drive the pricing down and show there is a profit to be made using bio made fuels more.

I love my diesel pickup but I'd have some reservation replacing it with another diesel....diesel fuel is about $1 a gallon more than gas now. Or in other words about 65-70% MORE Numbers like that make it tough to justify a diesel, particularly when routine maintenance costs are higher, 14 quart oil changes with a $10 filter etc. When I bought my first diesel in 1983 it was cheaper than gas....

Tractor
    Kubota M4900 FEL; New Holland TC30 MMM; Ford 1620; Ford 1520 MMM; John Deere X740; John Deere 455 MMM; Craftsman 19.5hp;;;;; Antiques: 1946 John Deere B; 1951 John Deere MT; 1952 Allis Chalmers B; 1967 International 140

Quote Originally Posted by Skyco View Post
    I love my diesel pickup but I'd have some reservation replacing it with another diesel....diesel fuel is about $1 a gallon more than gas now. Or in other words about 65-70% MORE Numbers like that make it tough to justify a diesel, particularly when routine maintenance costs are higher, 14 quart oil changes with a $10 filter etc. When I bought my first diesel in 1983 it was cheaper than gas....
    True, but diesels are more efficient. They also have more power. Our gas Chevy 2500 gets about 10-12mpg. But if we had a diesel, we'd be getting 19-20, and have alot more power. If you're just using it as a commuter truck, gas is probably better in the 3/4 ton & up range. However, I do believe as a work truck, diesel makes a great difference. And if they put a small diesel in the 1/4&1/2 tons, that would be awesome! Imagine, up 25-30mpg with a amall diesel in a light duty truck.

Kyle

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast