Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Case 885, JD 730D, Ford 4000

Default Re: Hauling tractor with a car trailer?

I agree with that being a good price, especially for the Northeast. Good luck with it.

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Man, the prices up there are steep. I bought my 18' by 82" wood deck trailer new in 2004 with brakes on one axle for $860 new. It had used tires and a spare that I finally had to replace just last October. I paid a extra $75 for the 5' ramps. I guess I could sell it for 150% of what I paid new.

Chris

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    I agree with that being a good price, especially for the Northeast. Good luck with it.
    I started out thinking about a trailer for my BX23 but Lately I've had 2 pick ups and a 8x10 building hauled by wreckers.
    Now I'm so confused I'm begining to think I need a tractor to haul my pick ups and trailer on or somethin like that.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Quote Originally Posted by AJones View Post
    I am thinking about buying a trailer to haul my TC33D tractor with backhoe. There is an 18 foot car hauler, 7000lb GVW duel axels with brakes on both axels and a 2 5/16 hitch that I'm looking at. My truck is a 2008 GMC 1500 with the towing package, 6.0 v-8 and rated at a towing capicty of 8400 lbs. My thought was by going with a car hauler I would have a larger market if I ever wanted to sell it. Does any one see a problem hauling a tractor on a car hauler as long as the troactor does not exceed the capicity of the trailer?
    Like ultrarunner said.. lots of us are using car haulers.

I have a 16' wood decked car hauler tandem axle, one with brakes... works fine for my CUT sized tractors.

soundguy

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by LBrown59 View Post
    I started out thinking about a trailer for my BX23 but Lately I've had 2 pick ups and a 8x10 building hauled by wreckers.
    Now I'm so confused I'm begining to think I need a tractor to haul my pick ups and trailer on or somethin like that.
    Getting a landscape trailer built like a car hauler certainly will tow your pickups with your BX. You certainly will be able to get ALOT of seat time due to fact BX high gear range is not fast enough for road travel. I driven my BX once to a job site that took me 2 hours to get there since I had NO money left to buy a trailer at the time and was earning money for the trailer by driving to the job site. Now i got the 16 ft landscape trailer and can tow the BX to whereever i need it and can pick up materials as well with it.

Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

with a 7K lb trailer your going to be right at max weight ....

if the trailer weighs 1200lbs your looking at 5800lbs for the tractor (6000 if you assume a lighter trailer)

TC33 with loader and BH will likely weigh in near 6K lbs.

when towing at near trailer max capacity, loading (were is the weight) is critical to how well its going to tow. Remember to keep 10%+ tongue weight.
    Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Quote Originally Posted by LBrown59 View Post
    OK so you can use a car hauling trailer to haul a tractor on.
    But can you use a tractor hauling trailer to haul a car on?
    I have hauled a couple cars on my 16' flatbed "tractor" trailer. Last one was a little Subaru wagon. Worked just fine.

You can't open doors, because in most cases they hit the trailer fenders.

Re: hauling your pickup. My 3/4 ton 4x4 long bed quad cab is too long for my 16' trailer, and too heavy too. A lighter shortbed 1/2 ton would be ok.
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    Getting a landscape trailer built like a car hauler certainly will tow your pickups with your BX. You certainly will be able to get ALOT of seat time due to fact BX high gear range is not fast enough for road travel. I driven my BX once to a job site that took me 2 hours to get there since I had NO money left to buy a trailer at the time and was earning money for the trailer by driving to the job site. Now i got the 16 ft landscape trailer and can tow the BX to whereever i need it and can pick up materials as well with it.
    Since my little import pick ups are heavier than my BX23 I guess I should be looking at a truck and trailer that will handle the pick ups and can also haul the BX 23 as a bonus .
    Makes more sense than specking out a truck trailer combo for the BX23 then trying to get it to accommodate handling the pick ups.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    Getting a landscape trailer will work for hauling small import trucks, cars, or tractor but it will not haul a full size pickup or any vehicle wider than 76" since that is the width of a landscape trailer. If you ever need to haul a full size you'll need a deckover or a trailer with 82" between the fenders. Future uses or what if cases are something to consider before buying a trailer. I think it was DiamondPilot who posted that he went to load a dodge pickup on his trailer only to find it wouldn't fit. A few posts later I saw why and it was because his trailer is only 76" wide.

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Yep, It was me. I drove 2 hours one night to get my neighbors who were stranded with a blown transfer case. I had hauled a Suburban on the trailer but it was tight, maybe 1" of clearance.

Chris

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast