Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Default Re: Hauling tractor with a car trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by schmism View Post
    with a 7K lb trailer your going to be right at max weight ....

if the trailer weighs 1200lbs your looking at 5800lbs for the tractor (6000 if you assume a lighter trailer)

TC33 with loader and BH will likely weigh in near 6K lbs.

when towing at near trailer max capacity, loading (were is the weight) is critical to how well its going to tow. Remember to keep 10%+ tongue weight.
    My 16' flatbed is 1740 with ramps according to the cat scales at the interstate.

soundguy

Tractor
    04/4310

Mines 22 foot and rated at 7000 pounds. Works great. Drilled some holes in the decking and made small chain loops for the hold downs. Found that puttinfg the rear tires over the center of the axles made a great tow.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 5400, Farmall H, Farmall Cub, Allis Chalmers CA

Getting a landscape trailer will work for hauling small import trucks, cars, or tractor but it will not haul a full size pickup or any vehicle wider than 76" since that is the width of a landscape trailer. If you ever need to haul a full size you'll need a deckover or a trailer with 82" between the fenders. Future uses or what if cases are something to consider before buying a trailer. I think it was DiamondPilot who posted that he went to load a dodge pickup on his trailer only to find it wouldn't fit. A few posts later I saw why and it was because his trailer is only 76" wide.
    For several years I hauled all my tractors and vehicles on a car hauler that was 82 between fenders. Found some new PU's are too wide for that so went to deck over. Plus I got tired of squeezing vehicles and bigger tractors on between fenders. Most car doors wouldn't open over the fenders either. Everyone tried to tell me to get a deckover the first time. I finally listened 7 yrs later. They do make 7K deckovers.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by wkpoor View Post
    For several years I hauled all my tractors and vehicles on a car hauler that was 82 between fenders. Found some new PU's are too wide for that so went to deck over. Plus I got tired of squeezing vehicles and bigger tractors on between fenders. Most car doors wouldn't open over the fenders either. *Everyone tried to tell me to get a deckover the first time. I finally listened 7 yrs later. They do make 7K deckovers.
    *But the thing is deck overs set up higer than the fender type.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Platinum Member
    Tractor

*But the thing is deck overs set up higher than the fender type.
    Hasn't been an issue for me at all. Thats the big scare everyone has. My drop deck actually gave me fits a couple of times loading cars with long wheel bases. My low slung Cobalt drives right on. Overall I find a deckover has more plus's than minus's. Once you make the transition to the ramps basically your on. Palleted item are no longer a fuss. And the load up higher hasn't been an issue at all.

Super Star Member
    Tractor

Hasn't been an issue for me at all. Thats the big scare everyone has. My drop deck actually gave me fits a couple of times loading cars with long wheel bases. My low slung Cobalt drives right on. Overall
    *I find a deckover has more plus's than minus's. Once you make the transition to the ramps basically your on. Palleted item are no longer a fuss. And the load up higher hasn't been an issue at all.
    can you get them with a tilt bed?

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Brimar and Cornpro both make them. Just remember tilts are great for single items but may not be the best for multiples. Especially if they are gravity tilts. Load more than 2 items on a gravity and you may be screwed to unload without ramps. Split deck gravities help get around it for additional small items. Hard for one trailer of any type to do it all. Its a matter of compromise and determining whats most important to you if you are going to own one trailer.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    century 2535

Green Acres (regional ag rag here in the middle) has an ad on the back page for an 8.5 X 18' 7k dual action hyd tilt ST205 tires on spoke wheels w/elec brakes on one axle for $2549 at the Ace Hardware in Falls City, Ne.
    Erik
    Mahindra 3510, box blade, pallet forks, 6' KK mower...

Tractor
    Kioti CK2510 HST

Here is a picture of my truck, trailer, tractor but no trouble. The trailer is 16' car trailere and my CK-20 with loader and blower is probably about 3300 lbs. As you can see the trailer is a car hauler with solid wood decking and weighs in at about 1800 lbs. I even have room to haul tractor w/ loader and backhoe attached.

the ramps are stored beneath the deck and slide in from the side. With the backhoe on that tractor and both wheels on those ramps as I load or unload, I wasn't happy the ramps bowed. Solution, I made up a stiff leg chock for the middle of the ramp. When loading or unloading of course I chock the trailer tires and place jack stands beneath rear frame of trailer.

rim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CK2510 HST , Kioti front snow blower,backhoe, FEL, Pallet forks and 5' box blade

Super Star Member
    Tractor

Brimar and Cornpro both make them.
    Just remember tilts are great for single items but may not be the best for multiples. Especially if they are gravity tilts. Load more than 2 items on a gravity and you may be screwed to unload without ramps. Split deck gravities help get around it for additional small items. Hard for one trailer of any type to do it all. Its a matter of compromise and determining whats most important to you if you are going to own one trailer.
    My thinking is a Hyd. tilt bed and you could use ramps when if needed for mutiples.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast