Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Default Re: Hauling tractor with a car trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondpilot View Post
    My ramps are the same.

I would block it up. There have been a few guys get killed or seriously injured doing what you do. The rear tires come up and now PARK and the parking brake are worthless. One guy on this site banged up his tractor, trailer, and F250 doing just this. He ended up with only a broken arm.

Be careful.

Chris
    May be a bit dangerous but only if on a incline, otherwise it just kicks up a bit and then once the front wheels hit the trailer a bit, it settles back down. How in heck would loading a trailer cause the truck to just sideways 2 feet unless you had the wheels turned or your trailer jackknifed which is a big NO NO in all cases. I park mine straight in line with the trailer and front tires straight. I have a raised road bed out to my shop that I like to park the rear of the trailer up against it. It allows for less angle on the ramps and the frame of the trailer is only a few inches off the ground so it doesnt lift the truck wheels up off the ground before the tractor gets on the trailer. On flat ground the truck will skid forward a bit if someone isnt holding the brake pedal but nothing dangerous to do in my mind at least. I always use 4 wd on the tractor so it climbs up the ramps on its own.
    Chocking the front would be good, but if I am going to carry around a bunch of loose material, I will just carry some jack stands to put under the trailer frame. I have been thinking that maybe I can design some support stand that will fold under the trailer and pin up after loading. That would avoid piling in a bunch of loose stuff in the truck. I think that would be pretty easy to build and install on the trailer.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp CC AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    none yet

My ramps are the same.

I would block it up. There have been a few guys get killed or seriously injured doing what you do. The rear tires come up and now PARK and the parking brake are worthless. One guy on this site banged up his tractor, trailer, and F250 doing just this. He ended up with only a broken arm.

Be careful.

Chris
    You could also put the truck in 4wd to have "park" apply to the front wheels as well

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 & RTV1100

Quote Originally Posted by firemanmike69 View Post
    You could also put the truck in 4wd to have "park" apply to the front wheels as well
    Not sure that works with electronic 4wd, never tried it but I do know there is a 2 second delay before mine kicks into 4x4 after the motor is started...Maybe if the tow vehicle is left running while loading?...Who knows. I'm not trying that.
    BX23TLB & RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 (S) HST

Sounds like we better all be using our seat belts., at the very least.

rimshot
    CK20(s) HST , snow blower, hoe, FEL

Tractor
    none yet

Quote Originally Posted by timswi View Post

Not sure that works with electronic 4wd, never tried it but I do know there is a 2 second delay before mine kicks into 4x4 after the motor is started...Maybe if the tow vehicle is left running while loading?...Who knows. I'm not trying that.
    It may not work with that, my trailer ramps have stands so I don't have to worry about it

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Quote Originally Posted by firemanmike69 View Post

It works on my Fords and Nissan. There would be no way to load and unload the boats I do without it. Not sure about other brands.

Chris

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 & RTV1100

It works on my Fords and Nissan. There would be no way to load and unload the boats I do without it. Not sure about other brands.

Chris
    Are they running or shut off..That's the question.

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Quote Originally Posted by timswi View Post

Are they running or shut off..That's the question.
    I never shut off on the ramp but my guess is they would since vacuum holds the hubs. So no running, no vacuum.

Chris

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 & RTV1100

I never shut off on the ramp but my guess is they would since vacuum holds the hubs. So no running, no vacuum.

Chris
    I've never had mine slide on in the snow when parked on a slope running and in 4x4...So I assume that it's also loked in. My curiosity was whther the gears stay locked with the power off...I'll have to test that once..True no motor, no vacuum...But I still wonder if the gears remain engaged if the 4x4 was in when shut off.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678