Cold starts

/ Cold starts #1  

L-ENTERPRISES

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 1250 , LA145
Well , it got cold last nite and it looks like it will continue . I was wondering if anyone knew where to connect quick couplings to the cooling side of the block of a JD1250 ? I got sets on our trucks that we connect to the equipment and let idle for about 20min to warm block and its the best way to warm up equipment that sits off site during cold nites .

/ Cold starts #2  
Are you trying to run these thru the heater hoses? His is how we usualy set our's up. A trick I ahve used is to warm up the vehicle and then throw the ehater on and fell each hsoe. Thsi iwll give you flow direction.

HAd an old skidder that htis was the only way to start it. Jumper cables heater hsoes conencted and filters in the warming schack.

The things we did for a load of pulp.

/ Cold starts
Are you trying to run these thru the heater hoses? His is how we usualy set our's up. A trick I ahve used is to warm up the vehicle and then throw the ehater on and fell each hsoe. Thsi iwll give you flow direction.

HAd an old skidder that htis was the only way to start it. Jumper cables heater hsoes conencted and filters in the warming schack.

The things we did for a load of pulp.

Exactly , we get alot of equipment started this way , very easy and minimal hassle . Each of our Super Duties has a set of stainless hoses with couplers and valves on them to make it realy quick and easy even with mitts on .If there were some heater hoses on it I'd jump in there , but I'd like to get to the block if at all possible .

/ Cold starts #4  
i would think you are limited without heater hose insertion. just an Ideas I wonder if you could T into the lower hose and abck out of the upper hose. I don't know if you would get enough flow this way. It has been a few years since I ahve put one of these together. I line in a warm climate now Minnesota.