B7510HSD

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
Anybody have any good bad or ugly to say about the Interstate Load Runner
series enclosed trailers I'm looking at a 6x12 tandem axle for general utility
and hauling my bike when needed???

/ Interstate Trailers #2  
I got an 8x16 Interstate (I think it was a loadrunner) about a year ago to move from CA to OR. Anyway it is enclosed and 5 trips later I am pretty much moved.

The trailer was good, and I would buy another one in a heartbeat. The only problem I have seen is that while the sides are painted, the top is unpainted galvanized sheet metal. If I look down on it from above, it looks like it was installed by an amateur, some is pushed down, some is pushed up, looks like the waves of the ocean are in that roof. It looks a lot better from the inside of the trailer.

OTOH, it has been watertight, and few people have a balcony over their driveway.

I thought I could light the interior on the cheap by getting those stick-on LED lights, but the stickum failed during the summer and they all fell on the floor and broke.

/ Interstate Trailers
Thanks for the info Dave I may try to get the step up the plain Interstate and not the Load Runner...it has the torsion axles over the spring axle..depends alot on the price they will go!

/ Interstate Trailers #4  
Ah, that solves the issue. Mine has the torsion axles. It is in OR and I am in CA right now, so I can't just walk out the door & look at it. BTW, think about where you are going to store it. It is a "minor eyesore". Looks like a big, cheap box, because that is exactly what it is. I have a good, pretty much out-of-site place for mine.

When you get the torsion axles, you also should get radial tires. The salesman at the place I bought it said the radials would last about 20k miles, the bias-ply would be about 10k. My total need for the trailer would have worn out the bias tires, but the radials will probably still be good.

If you aren't dead set on one particular size, look around. The lot I got mine from had maybe 50-80 trailers. The way they worked it was that they got them in and if they stayed on the lot a while they started discounting.

Mine had been there ~2 years and they had just reduced it to 40% off. If I hadn't taken it, it would have been gone in a week.

I needed one big enough to move an entire house & my garage, which was stuffed to the gills with tools, in a reasonable number of trips, but had no real preference on 14' vs 16' vs 18' and no preference on drop down rear door vs. swing out doors.

Mine had light bulbs instead of LEDs, and stuff like that, but for $2-3k this old cheapskate can live with older technology, its only a trailer.

I still have two more trips to move, but not for a year or so when DW retires.

The original plan was to take it up to hunting camp every year, to carry gear, act as dry storage, and possibly to sleep in, but I hear the non-insulated ones get a lot of condensation.

Then I came across a great deal on a used toyhauler and got a real "redneck hunting lodge".

/ Interstate Trailers
Thats my problem I'm limited on the size because of the truck I have so I am looking at a 6x12 with the ramp rear door for loading the bike..other than that I'm still up in the air! They keep trying to sell me a single axle beings the bike is only 900# but I like the idae of the tandem in case of a flat or if need be it can haul more weight if I ever get a bigger truck!

/ Interstate Trailers #6  
You probably don't want to hear this, but if your truck has limited capacity, and your current load is small, I think they might be right.

You may be far better off with a smaller trailer. It will be a lot easier to tow, and it will be less expensive. The flat deal is a non-issue. If you have tandem axles and get a flat, the other tire will be overloaded and eventually blow out. With a big trailer and a small truck, that is a life-threatening situation. Just carry a spare, and check your tires at every stop.

Look for a used one that will carry your bike. If you get a bigger truck, and still want a bigger trailer, sell the small one and buy a big one. Trailers hold their value pretty well, and you will not lose a lot on that transaction.

I have towed small and I have towed big -- small is a lot easier.

And, towing any trailer is a PITA. Speed limit is 55, and I have the ticket to prove it.

If you can get your bike in the bed of the truck, that is a far superior way to go.

/ Interstate Trailers
Thanks for the input Dave I have to think about that!

/ Interstate Trailers #8  
I have a 6x12 Pace with rear ramp. It's extra tall and will fit my old beemer RT with windshield. Single axle & carry a spare. True MC trailers have a dovetail & low profile but still clears the windscreen.

Have never put the bike in it but it has carried lots of HH stuff. Screwed in a bunch of D rings on the wall ribs and floor, works good holding furniture secure.

Only caveat is the height catches a lot of wind, add in a strong headwind & my worst mileage was 4 mpg. 25g/100 mi.

/ Interstate Trailers
I have a 6x12 Pace with rear ramp. It's extra tall and will fit my old beemer RT with windshield. Single axle & carry a spare. True MC trailers have a dovetail & low profile but still clears the windscreen.

Have never put the bike in it but it has carried lots of HH stuff. Screwed in a bunch of D rings on the wall ribs and floor, works good holding furniture secure.

Only caveat is the height catches a lot of wind, add in a strong headwind & my worst mileage was 4 mpg. 25g/100 mi.
Guess I never thought about that I better measure the height of my bike it is a full dresser !