Loaded Up and Ready to Roll

/ Loaded Up and Ready to Roll #1  

JESSE1

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 6400
Loaded up yesterday evening to head to an antique tractor and engine show this morning. Luckily it was only about 20 miles away because I was only able to stay there for 5 hours before thunderstorms moved in. It's a two day show so maybe the weather will clear tomorrow. The pulling truck is my '59 White 4400TD with a 220 Cummins and 10 speed roadranger trans. The truck on the trailer is a '57 White WC22PLT with a 6 cylinder flathead White Mustang engine and 5 speed trans/2 speed rear axle.

Attachments

• IMG_1193.JPG
    IMG_1193.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1194.JPG
    IMG_1194.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1195.JPG
    IMG_1195.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1197.JPG
    IMG_1197.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 156
   / Loaded Up and Ready to Roll #3  
That is down right COOL!!! A guy in the Farmall Cub club comes to some of the shows with his old International with his Farmalls on the back. Its just about as cool as it gets.

/ Loaded Up and Ready to Roll #4  
Jesse,

Where is the antique tractor show?

The forecast was only 50% for rain today, and I have 1.30 inches in my digital rain gauge. The forecast for tonight is 70% and tomorrow is 80%. I have to drop off a cabinet for a client and then pick up a master cylinder for my dump truck, but if it's not raining, a tractor show sounds like a fun way to spend a muddy day.

I'm really impressed with your truck. I can't think of ever seeing one before. Seems like everyone restores cars and other smaller items, but nobody is restoring big trucks. That's just amazing.

Eddie

/ Loaded Up and Ready to Roll
The tractor show is hosted by the East Texas Antique Tractor and Engine Association. It's at the Rusk County Youth Expo Center just north of Henderson, located by the airport on highway 13. Even if it's raining there will be tractor pulls inside the covered arena.

If you're interested in large trucks, join the American Truck Historical Society. ATHS has a great website and discussion forum at American Truck Historical Society where you can get answers to most any veteran truck question. They also publish a bi-monthly magazine that's worth the cost of membership.

Here's a few pictures of an American LaFrance firetruck that our club secretary is restoring. 1928 model, six cylinder American LaFrance engine and is chain drive.

Attachments

• IMG_1201.JPG
    IMG_1201.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1202.JPG
    IMG_1202.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1200.JPG
    IMG_1200.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1203.JPG
    IMG_1203.JPG