chain/binders

/ chain/binders #21  
Like I said, my Lowes sells bulk chain and has a hydraulic cutter and should do it for you for free since you are buying from them. Even if they charge you a few bucks a cut it will be worth it.

Chris

/ chain/binders #22  
I have 1/2 dozen HF 9200 lb ratchet binders. Takes 3 fingers to clamp down stuff. Went from snap to ratchets 2 years ago. If they get rained on a drop of oil on the threads brings them back to new.

Cutting the links with a small grinder might take awhile I'd use an arc welder at 200A & be done.

/ chain/binders #24  
One last consideration might think about 8' length for fronts and 12' lengths for rears.

/ chain/binders #25  
Just an observation........since you mentioned where to buy chain, etc.

I just picked up a 30' of 3/8" grade 70 transport chain with hooks from a JD dealer regular price that was half of what the same length/ grade chain was at TSC.

Iwas surprised.

/ chain/binders #26  
I've been using the Harbor Freight 3/8 chain and ratchet binders for several years now and very happy with them. I keep a can of wd-40 closeby to lube them up as necessary. Only problem is when water gets in and freezes them up...that's when my micro-torch comes in handy!

/ chain/binders #27  
<<Does anyone have experience with the China made Harbor Freight binders verses more expensive China made binders from other sources?>> (buck12)
=========================

I use them together with gold grade 70 Harbor Freight 5/16" chain (two 25' lengths). I bought 3 of the standard lever binders from HF and they work fine.

rimshot

/ chain/binders #28  
Why cut a perfectly good chain when you can make 2 virtual short chains and still have a long chain if you need it? See photo.

Attachments

• Kubota LWL_1.jpg
    Kubota LWL_1.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 596
   / chain/binders #30  
Herringchoker, would that be considered a legal tie down since the chains look like they are attached to both your 3 pt attachment and your loader and not to the tractor itself?

Ken