Truck Restoration

/ Truck Restoration #1  

JESSE1

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 6400
After 3 years of working on the mechanicals, my '59 White is finally in the body shop. It's not going to have a body-off restoration but I think it's going to turn out very well. The new color will be the factory Cleveland red like it was originally painted when Dad drove. No corrosion problems except for the front of the right fender where they will cut out and weld in a repair patch. The shop foreman said they were enjoying working on a steel truck. He said the fenders looked like they belonged on a tank. Very heavy gauge steel that's nowhere to be found today.

Attachments

• IMG_1225.JPG
    IMG_1225.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 923
  • IMG_1226.JPG
    IMG_1226.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_1228.JPG
    IMG_1228.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_1229.JPG
    IMG_1229.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 720
   / Truck Restoration #2  
Sweet!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see it when your finished. Your very lucky to live south of the rust belt as you can't find a 5 yr old truck with out rust on it around here.

/ Truck Restoration #3  
keep us posted that's a cool project and it's has to be more fun just because it was your dad's:D

/ Truck Restoration #4  
Thats gonna be a great machine, Do you have a specific plan or task for it when finished? Not that you need one for a truck like that:) And if your like me I guess it might never be finished, theres always something else to do;) and it is a tank, I cant wait to see the pics

/ Truck Restoration #5  
Very nice truck!

That color will look nice.....Post the pics when its done:D

/ Truck Restoration
Thats gonna be a great machine, Do you have a specific plan or task for it when finished? Not that you need one for a truck like that:) And if your like me I guess it might never be finished, theres always something else to do;) and it is a tank, I cant wait to see the pics

You're right, it probably will never be finished. Definately a money pit. I've taken it to several tractor shows and it attracts a lot of attention. I use it to pull my gooseneck trailer and to haul feed. Mostly I have it because I always wanted it, even when Dad drove it back in the '60's. Not often you can find a truck this old that you rode in when it was new, although I was only 3 years old at the time. I also have my '57 to complete. It's going to be painted red also.

Attachments

• IMG_1195.JPG
    IMG_1195.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 737
  • IMG_1193.JPG
    IMG_1193.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 872
   / Truck Restoration #7  
Good man, you gotta use it for more than only showing off
Heck ya pulling that sweet GN of yours would be great, I see you painted it, right?

/ Truck Restoration #9  
Jesse,

Nice to see you start a thread on your truck. It's really a unique vehicle and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Hopefully I'll even be able to see it in person one day when you're at anther show.

Eddie

/ Truck Restoration
Eddie, it's at Carl Owens paint and body on East Erwin in Tyler. I should have it at the Lone Star Antique tractor club show at Whitehouse in September.

I visited the body shop today to check progress. They're finishing up the body work and plan to spray color Wednesday. They had sprayed a color sample of the White factory Cleveland Red and it's exactly the shade of red that I wanted. About all that's needed now is for them to pull the shutters and blast them and clean up a few places on the bed.

I plan on going back Friday and maybe I'll have some better pictures to show. They'll have to install the trim and glass and spray bedliner on the top of the bed so it's probably going to be late next week before it's finished.

Attachments

• IMG_1230.JPG
    IMG_1230.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_1231.JPG
    IMG_1231.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_1232.JPG
    IMG_1232.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1233.JPG