Transporting JD 4110

/ Transporting JD 4110 #11  
For the cost of renting a trailer, fueling the Expedition, and all other assorted issues, call a wrecker company. They'll haul tractors on rollbacks for a reasonable fee. They have insurance, along with safe and adaquate equipment. I've had tractors hauled by a local auto/truck wrecker company on numerous occasions.

/ Transporting JD 4110 #12  
along with safe and adaquate equipment

the last thing i would call most roll-back trucks and their drivers are safe and adequate. i'm surprised most of these people can breathe on their own, let alone safetly drive a truck with another vehicle chained to the back. i cant tell you how many times ive seen one of these clowns flying down the road with a car on their deck being held by nothing but the winch cable. i will drive my tractor somewhere before i would ever let some rollback driver take it for me. i drive a heavy haul lowboy, and know how to safetly transport machinery, these guys dont........

FYI....u-haul trailer tend to be on the HEAVY side (like really heavy), so that they can take the abuse of rental customers. they also tend to only have 2 "tracks" to drive the vehicle on (no center, just decking for the tires), so be sure you tractor's tires will fall on these "tracks". my buddy has on old ex-uhaul car trailer, and you cannot fit a fullsize truck on the deck, its just not long enough, and nowhere near 16ft, maybe 12ft. also, u-haul will ask a ton questions about what the tow vehicle is, what is going on the trailer, how much weight, etc, and if it doesnt pass their computer generated formula, they wont let you rent it, and if you lie and get in an accident, they sue you.

i had to move once, and rented a 24ft budget van (international truck), and loaded an old toyota pickup in the van, screwed wood blocks to the vans wood floor as wheel chocks, and used ratchet straps attached the the "e-track" that runs along the sides of the van body to secure it. it rode great. i then also towed a fullsize dodge truck on a borrowed car trailer behind the van. it went well.

i would have no issue putting a small tractor in the back of a box van. these trucks are rented by businesses for the purpose of being loaded up and used commercially day in and day out.

/ Transporting JD 4110 #13  
Put the box blade on the front of the trailer with the FEL and chains. Then pull the tractor on and rest the bucket on the box blade. Leave the finish mower on the 3 point and chain it all down.

Chris

what he said, not rocket surgery.

/ Transporting JD 4110 #14  
I used to have a JD 750 and could haul it, a 4ft Landpride bush hog, and a 5ft box blade on a 16ft tandem axle landscape trailer behind a 4x4 F-150 with the Triton V8 with no trouble at all. The way I usually loaded it all was to back the tractor onto the trailer with the BB hooked up. I would then unhook the BB and drive the tractor off, and slide the BB around so it was longways with the trailer and right up against one of the sidewalls.
Then I would attach the bush hog and back it up onto the trailer with the tailwheel just hanging over the front wall of the trailer. This way, the heaviest part of the load (the tractor itself) was balanced pretty evenly over the tandem axles. I could then adjust the tongue weight by sliding the BB forward or rearward to gain or lose more tongue weight.
Bear in mind the 750 is a narrow tractor (maybe 50" at the widest point) and my landscaping trailer is 82" inside wall to wall. That helped alot, plus the fact that it has a full width drive on tailgate which allows me to drive the tractor onto the trailer in the middle, or to one side or the other.

I'm guessing the 4110 is about the same width as the 750 (or maybe less) and if so, I think you can get all that equipment onto a 83" x 16ft trailer with a drive on tailgate. If you back the tractor onto it, you might have to raise the bucket to close the drive on gate, or if you drive on with the bucket first the bucket might need to hang over the front of the trailer.