Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.

Default Race the tow truck - for Diamondpilot :-)

Okay, here's the deal, when you tow something to the track to race, why not run the truck? When I crossed the scales I got quite a few laughs. I needed to weigh over 3500 pounds to make my solo pass. I more than doubled that! Heck, I even left my toolbox in the bed of the truck full of tools to boot. Please forgive my youtube video quality. It was my first time to upload anything and my 14 year old daughter did the video. I clearly wasn't going to make it in the 10 second bracket, but I don't think it did too bad.

I know Chris, Diamondpilot, has some powerful 6.0 PSD trucks but I bet my truck weighs more! Here's the pictures of the truck and time sheet and I'll try to link to the video. YouTube - F350 4X4 crew cab dually 6.0 PSD 8170 pounds running 1/4 mile

Now time to use my SCT tuner to tune it back for normal towing so the truck can assume it's normal duties and tow the trailer home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -f350-drag-jpg   -f350-timesheet-jpg  
    1982 18" Murray push mower (B&S industrial 8 hp engine!) custom deck, new blade - became unbalanced when one side old blade broke off!
    HF moving dolly - high torque! Dogbone multi-wrench too..wait, it split on first use.
    My trash man is the greatest. No matter how bad the economy gets and how bad stocks drop or how bad home values drop, his business is always picking up.

Tractor
    John Deere 790

Default Re: Race the tow truck - for Diamondpilot :-)

Too much fun! Pretty soon you'll be leaving the race car and trailer at home!
    Rob
    John Deere 790, 70 FEL, 7 BH, 513 cutter and other fun stuff

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Very cool Dargo. My truck weighs 7,600# and the best I have done is 14.1 at 98mph. You beat the mph and the 1/4 mile time was about the same. Love to see them 6.0's run with little or no black smoke.

Chris

Tractor
    Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.

If you notice in the video I didn't spool up the turbo to launch (kinda being a bit careful) and I had about a truck length or two before I really started putting power down. I was the only dually there and I weighed in the heaviest. The stock Mustangs with the 4.6 liter engines were running in the mid 14's and the gas powered street driven 2wd pickups were running in the 15's unless they were full race machines running in the low 10's. Although I definitely didn't launch hard, I was turning all four rears pretty well all the way through first and a bit through 2nd. A regular cab 2wd diesel Dodge with huge stacks and twins ran in the mid 12's.
    1982 18" Murray push mower (B&S industrial 8 hp engine!) custom deck, new blade - became unbalanced when one side old blade broke off!
    HF moving dolly - high torque! Dogbone multi-wrench too..wait, it split on first use.
    My trash man is the greatest. No matter how bad the economy gets and how bad stocks drop or how bad home values drop, his business is always picking up.

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE

It's pretty amazing what can be done with deisel pickups. A buddy of mine has an 05 (I think) 3/4 ton chevy duramax with twin turbo's and a bunch of other stuff done to it that ran 7.90's in the 1/8 mile. I was very impressed cause my monte runs high 7.80's with a built 383, 3500 stall and 4.10 gears on slicks.
    “History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster.” Douglas MacArthur
    "The obligation of every human being to God, is higher than his duty to country, and not even a majority in society has the legitimate right to interfere with a man's allegiance to him."James Madison

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter383 View Post
    It's pretty amazing what can be done with deisel pickups. A buddy of mine has an 05 (I think) 3/4 ton chevy duramax with twin turbo's and a bunch of other stuff done to it that ran 7.90's in the 1/8 mile. I was very impressed cause my monte runs high 7.80's with a built 383, 3500 stall and 4.10 gears on slicks.
    That clearly blows my pickup away. Still, I'm honestly very pleased with what mine does particularly with all the weight and what little has been done to it. Other than running a custom tune with an SCT tune and ARP head studs, it's completely stock.

Tractor
    Bobcat ct 225

That is hard to believe, but you got the proof. Those #s would leave a LOT of cars in the dust.

Tractor
    Kubota M4900 FEL; New Holland TC30 MMM; Ford 1620; Ford 1520 MMM; John Deere X740; John Deere 455 MMM; Craftsman 19.5hp;;;;; Antiques: 1946 John Deere B; 1951 John Deere MT; 1952 Allis Chalmers B; 1967 International 140

There's a guy in our area who hauls asphalt. He uses tandem axle trucks with one tag axle. They're Petes now, but they used to be Autocars. He still has the first two Autocars that he started his business with. He passed I believe, and he told his son he still wanted them running.

These are very nice and restored, one purple, one blue. One has a Cummins in it. Guess how much he's putting out of that one! 1000hp! It does 17's on the 1/4. It's a dump truck that probably weighs 15,000-20,000lbs!

I'm sorry, but out of all the diesels I've seen at the track, this one blows them all away. He weighs up to three times the weight of alot of 3/4 ton 2wd diesels there, but he's only but 5 seconds away.

Kyle

Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

I've got to be honest, that isn't a good 1/4 mile time for your truck at all. It's great! I had a 70 Road Runner with a 440 6 pack and 4.10 Dana and a 4 speed. I'm not sure I could turn that kind of time with that car unless I had slicks on the back. I could also hear the slightest wheel spin after you launched. You are getting serious torque to be breaking the tires loose at the 60 foot mark.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

torque is just (horse)power geared to the correct RPM! Stunning times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast