Opinions on this all in one Dump Trailer?

/ Opinions on this all in one Dump Trailer? #1  

Tompet

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO 20, Kubota B3300, BH77, Massey Ferguson 1540
I was looking at dump trailers and found this one. I like most things about it and was wondering what opinions others would have. I currently have a 14' double axle (mostly to haul a Kubota B) and was thinking about getting a smaller dump or getting a larger dump (something like this "all in one") and sell the 14" flatbed and only have one dual purpose trailer.
tp

Attachments

• dump trailer.png
    dump trailer.png
    285.4 KB · Views: 900
   / Opinions on this all in one Dump Trailer? #2  
You can get a serious trailer with all steel dump box and brakes on both axles for a similar price. What are you going to dump that will not tear up the pine floor ? How do you stop the "stuff" from escaping out the sides ?

I would never tow a load of over 8000lb with just a single axle brake.

Take a look on ebay at dump trailers. It is probably worth the drive to go to where the trailers are made.

/ Opinions on this all in one Dump Trailer?
I agree with brakes on both axles...that is listed on options. Sides could be made to slip in stake pockets. Probably not the best floor for dumping as pointed out. Agree it is a little pricey especially with options listed.

/ Opinions on this all in one Dump Trailer? #4  
I like the concept, but I think you could get more for your money if you shop around a little more.

/ Opinions on this all in one Dump Trailer? #5  
Depending on where you are in Ohio you could drive to the trailer capital of the Midwest in Sikeston MO, just 30 miles south of Cape Giradeau right on the Mississippi River. You can get a 14K Dump for less money direct from the factories. There are about 30 trailer makes in a 20 mile radius.

Chris

/ Opinions on this all in one Dump Trailer? #6  
I have one made by BMF Trailers...now called Big Lug Trailers. It's a 20 footer.
That's also another one to check...
FD Series, Utility Trailers

Attachments

• Dumping firewood  6-03-09 004 (2).jpg
    Dumping firewood 6-03-09 004 (2).jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 2,518
   / Opinions on this all in one Dump Trailer? #7  
Redbug I really like the looks of your trailer and how well it is built. You may have just cost me a lot of money.(LOL) How long have you had your trailer? any problems? How well does it do with dirt? It looks like it would be a very handy addition, compared to a normal 12' dump trailer.

I also think that for a home owner the trailer Tompet listed would be a nice trailer that would save your back, I would go for the 2 axle brakes and heavier axles as you will easily over load it.

Last edited:
   / Opinions on this all in one Dump Trailer? #8  
I have had the trailer about 3 years, now. No problems whatsoever with it. I bought it as a flatbed and welded up the removable sides and tailgate, myself. For loading dirt or gravel, I only use the rear half, but with woody debris I fill the whole thing, sometimes 6 or 7 feet high and cover with a tarp.

Attachments

• BMF Trailer 11-5-06 003.jpg
    BMF Trailer 11-5-06 003.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 430
  • BMF Trailer sides 1-1-2007 018 (1).jpg
    BMF Trailer sides 1-1-2007 018 (1).jpg
    182 KB · Views: 401
  • Bush Hogging 016.jpg
    Bush Hogging 016.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 1,289