Bad luck with vehicles.........

/ Bad luck with vehicles......... #11  
Now its a parts waiting game. The cannot fix all of it until next Thursday.

The dealer is treating me well for the most part, and they are being honest about the problems. I just question what else is falling apart that i do not know about....

This truck is a love hate relationship...... so far, I love the tires...30K and still half tread.... But, I hate the rest of the truck.... But there is no getting rid of it in this economy, so I need to live with it for a few years.......

NEVER AGAIN will I buy a GM. Not all due to this truck, but between this truck and the govt bailout and bankrupcy.... I do not feel like I want to support their business...

If the only reason you love your truck and continue to keep it is because of "the tires", then obviously you need to move on to another brand. You used to love GM, then it was Ford, now you dislike GM, right my friend? (In case anyone thinks we're being "disagreeable" we're not, we know each other from a long way back)

If you feel that strongly about the bailout, then your beef should be with the gov't, not GM. The gov't was in charge of that decision, not GM.

I'm pushing 40,000 miles of work truck useage and really have nothing to complain about. My truck is covered with dirt & dust and has 2,000 lbs in the utility body and ladders on the racks since I took delivery of it and no problems. I take my son to football practice every night listening intently for the doors to fall off and the front end to collapse under its' own weight, but it hasn't happened yet. My truck is quiet, hendles perfectly and gets 13-14MPG in 100% suburban/rural driving

Maybe I got the only good truck they ever made. :D

/ Bad luck with vehicles.........
If the only reason you love your truck and continue to keep it is because of "the tires", then obviously you need to move on to another brand. You used to love GM, then it was Ford, now you dislike GM, right my friend? (In case anyone thinks we're being "disagreeable" we're not, we know each other from a long way back)

If you feel that strongly about the bailout, then your beef should be with the gov't, not GM. The gov't was in charge of that decision, not GM.

I'm pushing 40,000 miles of work truck useage and really have nothing to complain about. My truck is covered with dirt & dust and has 2,000 lbs in the utility body and ladders on the racks since I took delivery of it and no problems. I take my son to football practice every night listening intently for the doors to fall off and the front end to collapse under its' own weight, but it hasn't happened yet. My truck is quiet, hendles perfectly and gets 13-14MPG in 100% suburban/rural driving

Maybe I got the only good truck they ever made. :D

No, The tires are not why I keep the truck.... I feel I need to keep it so I do not waste money. Due to the market for vehicles right now, I would have a hard time accepting what anyone would give me for the truck.

I think my favorite truck of all time was my 2003 Dmax. That truck is the reason I went back to GM after my 2 Fords. When I bought this truck I made a promise not to modify it. Before I bought it, I spent alot of time around the new Ford and the GM. I liked the Ford in every way but the unknown of the motor (at that time). As you know duke, I have made some mistake in ruining good trucks with Lift kits and other mods.... So I bought this truck with every intension of not modding it, running and working it , but also keeping it for some time. My wallet chose this truck, not my gut.....

I feel very strongly about the bailout, both with banks and autos. I will not go into my political thoughts, other than to say I own a Jeep, and I will keep it as long as I can, and I will never own another GM if I can help it.

Correct me if i am wrong, but you have the same basic body style of my 03 but in a GMC. I put 42-47K on my 03 with only 2 trips to the dealer. I could not even tell you why I was there. That was a good truck... I feel that Quality was sacraficed in the new GM styling.... I also never had complaints of creaks in my older style pickup.... I do not think you would be happy with a new style GM truck....

/ Bad luck with vehicles......... #13  
No, The tires are not why I keep the truck.... I feel I need to keep it so I do not waste money. Due to the market for vehicles right now, I would have a hard time accepting what anyone would give me for the truck.

I think my favorite truck of all time was my 2003 Dmax. That truck is the reason I went back to GM after my 2 Fords. When I bought this truck I made a promise not to modify it. Before I bought it, I spent alot of time around the new Ford and the GM. I liked the Ford in every way but the unknown of the motor (at that time). As you know duke, I have made some mistake in ruining good trucks with Lift kits and other mods.... So I bought this truck with every intension of not modding it, running and working it , but also keeping it for some time. My wallet chose this truck, not my gut.....

I feel very strongly about the bailout, both with banks and autos. I will not go into my political thoughts, other than to say I own a Jeep, and I will keep it as long as I can, and I will never own another GM if I can help it.

Correct me if i am wrong, but you have the same basic body style of my 03 but in a GMC. I put 42-47K on my 03 with only 2 trips to the dealer. I could not even tell you why I was there. That was a good truck... I feel that Quality was sacraficed in the new GM styling.... I also never had complaints of creaks in my older style pickup.... I do not think you would be happy with a new style GM truck....

I think the new style is fine. Next time around, I'll look at all 3.
That's how I buy trucks now.

I used to buy ford only, never giving much thought to other brands. After the 6L debacle from '03-'07 and learning more about why the competiton was a better choice for me, I chose to open my eyes and drop the brand loyalty to Ford.

IMO, you haven't owned a truck long enough to know whether it's any good or not. I'd say a minimum of 100K is needed before a few rattles or broken plastic determines a truck is "junk".

My last Ford Superduty needed 2 transmission rebuilds, 2 sets of ball joints, injector wiring harness repaired all under 80,000 miles, but after I crossed ~110,000 miles, I still thought it was an average truck. I probably spent $8,000 in out of pocket repairs, but I didn't think it was "junk".

I think the new style is fine. Next time around, I'll look at all 3.
That's how I buy trucks now.

I used to buy ford only, never giving much thought to other brands. After the 6L debacle from '03-'07 and learning more about why the competiton was a better choice for me, I chose to open my eyes and drop the brand loyalty to Ford.

IMO, you haven't owned a truck long enough to know whether it's any good or not. I'd say a minimum of 100K is needed before a few rattles or broken plastic determines a truck is "junk".

My last Ford Superduty needed 2 transmission rebuilds, 2 sets of ball joints, injector wiring harness repaired all under 80,000 miles, but after I crossed ~110,000 miles, I still thought it was an average truck. I probably spent $8,000 in out of pocket repairs, but I didn't think it was "junk".

When stuff starts falling off the truck at 30K, I think its junk. There are others in this thread witht he same issues. I will own it to 100K, at least i hope, and I bet I will tell you the same after 100k, but probably in a more firm tone. The new style GM trucks may have a good engine and tranny, (the engines have issues in cold weater!) but the rest of the truck (for the most part) is junk.

A company cannot build a product that cannot keep itself together for 30K and stay in business without going bankrupt....

/ Bad luck with vehicles......... #15  
When stuff starts falling off the truck at 30K, I think its junk. There are others in this thread witht he same issues. I will own it to 100K, at least i hope, and I bet I will tell you the same after 100k, but probably in a more firm tone. The new style GM trucks may have a good engine and tranny, (the engines have issues in cold weater!) but the rest of the truck (for the most part) is junk.

A company cannot build a product that cannot keep itself together for 30K and stay in business without going bankrupt....

I really don't see what has changed except the vast improvements made in the HD line for the last 10 years.

I'd doubt GMC and Chevy would sell more trucks than Ford or any other manufacturer almost every year if they were "junk" as you call them.

IMO, you're overly picky. I hope I don't get banned for calling someone "picky", but that's what I believe. IIRC, you were constantly complaining about your Ford before this, too. You've switched car/truck brands at least 3 times since I've known you. If your '03HD was so great (as you say it was) then why did you get rid of it? :confused:

My advice: I'd say sell it and get rid of your problems. It's not all about money, it's about having a nice life. If you think switching to a new Ford is going make you happier, then I would do it. It must be bugging you because you mention your unhappiness with your HD in almost all your posts here.

Maybe you'll have better luck with Ford. I know in my last few fords, I had my share of expensive issues.

/ Bad luck with vehicles......... #16  
Bri & Duke ...... :lol:

Bri your mom still work for GM ?

Broker?

My mother passed away in 2006........Cancer........:(

On a lighter note, my truck is still not fixed. They found some more issues with the factory instalation of my front fender. They need to order mroe parts that were weither not installed at the fatory, or they fell off. Either way, I asked that they not give me back the truck until the squeak from the body flex was gone. Currently, they think they can get the parts on Friday to complete the job.

/ Bad luck with vehicles......... #18  
Broker?

My mother passed away in 2006........Cancer........:(

On a lighter note, my truck is still not fixed. They found some more issues with the factory instalation of my front fender. They need to order mroe parts that were weither not installed at the fatory, or they fell off. Either way, I asked that they not give me back the truck until the squeak from the body flex was gone. Currently, they think they can get the parts on Friday to complete the job.

Yes ..... Hope everything is well with you and your family .

Sorry to hear about your Mom .

I'd give'em time to get it right .... What year truck is it and is it the new body style ?

/ Bad luck with vehicles......... #19  
My dad's battling for his life right now. :( I can't believe how long he has hung in there. He's been really sick since '05.

It sounds like NMU has had too many problems to ever like his GM again. That's why I suggest he switches back to ford again or gives dodge, nissan, toyoya a try. I know how he feels. I've had a few vehicles like that.

I thought L-Enterprises was Tom (Broker)!!!!!! I could tell when he ripped me for switching to GM and the other clue was when he said "big box concrete". I do "small box concrete". lol

Yes ..... Hope everything is well with you and your family .

Sorry to hear about your Mom .

I'd give'em time to get it right .... What year truck is it and is it the new body style ?

Thank you.

Its an 08 GMC with 30K on it....

My dad's battling for his life right now. :( I can't believe how long he has hung in there. He's been really sick since '05.

It sounds like NMU has had too many problems to ever like his GM again. That's why I suggest he switches back to ford again or gives dodge, nissan, toyoya a try. I know how he feels. I've had a few vehicles like that.

I thought L-Enterprises was Tom (Broker)!!!!!! I could tell when he ripped me for switching to GM and the other clue was when he said "big box concrete". I do "small box concrete". lol

I will say a prayer for your father and your family. Its not fun times. It still gets to me... My mother was so young. She is out of pain now.

I have to like my GMC. I will not spend the cash to trade for anything right now. Its just not worth throwing that kind of money around. Its a waste.

I was happy to get a good mechanic this time who seems to be looking farther into the problem than just fixing the obvious and sending me out the door. I hope this takes care of it, or they will get it back until its fixed properly. I just don't want to deal with a friday built truck on my own dime....