2007 cummins

/ 2007 cummins #1  

kenmac

Tractor
McCormick CX105 Kubota MX 5100 HST, Kubota ZD1021, Kawsaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4
Just purchased a 2007 dodge with cummins.. I believe 325 HP 600 lb torque.. can't believe the power of this motor

/ 2007 cummins #2  
Hope you have the manual transmission...

The Cummins is a great motor, but Dodge has never produced an automatic transmission that could handle it.

/ 2007 cummins #3  
I love my Dodge CTD 2500. Sounds like you also have the 5.9 Cummins, which does good on MPG. The auto will be fine if you don't overheat it or attempt to gain a 100 hp with a tuner. The manual will also encounter problems if you add more hp and tq than the factory specs.

/ 2007 cummins #5  
The 6.7 came out in 2007.5 and several 5.9s were made prior to this in early 2007.

/ 2007 cummins #6  
Hope you have the manual transmission...

The Cummins is a great motor, but Dodge has never produced an automatic transmission that could handle it.
Maybe the older 46 & 47 re auto trannys.The newer 48re trannys are doing well.I also get a kick out of folks who do major power upgrades to the motor and complain there trannys take a dump.H,mm go figure.If you want to upgrade your auto tranny look into suncoast.DTT,goerend brothers or HTS.coobie

/ 2007 cummins
Maybe the older 46 & 47 re auto trannys.The newer 48re trannys are doing well.I also get a kick out of folks who do major power upgrades to the motor and complain there trannys take a dump.H,mm go figure.If you want to upgrade your auto tranny look into suncoast.DTT,goerend brothers or HTS.coobie

It is auto..manual transfer case for 4 wd. I researched on the diesel forums & found /read the auto's are good as long as you don't add power upgrades. I read there are problems with stick if tou up the power too much... It is an 07 with 5.9. 6.7 came in 07.5 models.. I was looking at new 6.7 until I read about all the emission problems.

Last edited:
   / 2007 cummins
Does yours have a catalytic converter ?
From my understanding , it has a cat. But, no sensors in the exhaust stream or dpf

/ 2007 cummins #10  
It is auto..manual transfer case for 4 wd. I researched on the diesel forums & found /read the auto's are good as long as you don't add power upgrades. I read there are problems with stick if tou up the power too much... It is an 07 with 5.9. 6.7 came in 07.5 models.. I was looking at new 6.7 until I read about all the emission problems.

You did good by getting a 5.9 If the truck holds together I would keep it for a long time.

Chris