Towing Package, tow ready?

/ Towing Package, tow ready?
Pack a lunch!:D
Don't spend time walking around the vehicle lots!;)

All that kerfuful for what was already there! It's nice to know the original order was correct.:D

Egon, when I was standing next to the truck with the hood up and phone in hand (with Ford guy on phone) I was having trouble finding the fusebox. There is an assembly with several vacuum lines and a multi-conductor electrical cable going to it that is mounted on top of the fuse box. There is a sort of Dzus fastener that releases one side of the vacuum hosed thingy and then you can slip a tab out of a slot and kinda sorta lay that assy out of the way (not much slack in the cable.) Then there are some catches you can release to remove the lid of the fuse box except... the factory guys taped the lid on with the tape at the firewall end of the lid where you can't see it. Until I got fairly brutal with the lid I couldn't understand why I couldn't get it clear of the box. Once I got fairly rough with it I broke the tape and the lid came out easier. They must install these with a greasy shoe horn!

Of course all the labels on the top of the lid and inside the lid (mapping the fuse and relay locations) are molded into the black plastic and are nearly impossible to see/read in lighting less intense than an operating theater (1000 foot candles or greater.)

Hope springs eternal... but... without expectation there is no disappointment.

Anyway at least the mystery of the relay and fuse has been solved or at least traded in on a warranty repair.

Pat

/ Towing Package, tow ready? #52  
Just a quick note about R&P. After I bought my tractor I needed a trailer to transport it. After having gone to several trailer dealers I went to them last and they gave me the best price on a 7K flatbed. Their web site is very informative and that is where I found all the information I needed when I installed a brake controller in the wife's 07 Yukon. Their shop is about a sixty mile ride for me, but they are truly a family run operation and are a pleasure to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again. Just adding my 2 cents.

Yes, they are good people. Glad you got a nice deal. Guess you live in Elgin, my boss lived there for 20 plus years.

Chris

/ Towing Package, tow ready? #53  
Of course all the labels on the top of the lid and inside the lid (mapping the fuse and relay locations) are molded into the black plastic and are nearly impossible to see/read in lighting less intense than an operating theater (1000 foot candles or greater.)

Chances are pretty good that there's a whole bunch of fellows would claim the same thing, time has passed and has not been noticed??:D:D

Throw in some med's that give fuzzy vision and it gets better.:(