Wells Cargo TW121V

/ Wells Cargo TW121V #1  

parallel

Bronze Member
Tractor
None... yet.
Wells Cargo V-Front Tote Wagon - Wells Cargo Corporation

I am thinking of buying one of these trailers to be used (among other uses) as my evacuation rig. Any opinions on quality and such would be greatly appreciated. I'll be towing it with My old beat up Chevy Z-71 some of the time, but mostly it would be towed with my Nissan Pathfinder. Does anyone foresee any issues with the Nissan handling the towing duty for this trailer? Also, Ill be paying right around $3600 for it new, seems like a good price to me, but I am a novice when it comes to trailers.

/ Wells Cargo TW121V #2  
Looks like a nice trailer but the price seems high. I am in the trailer business and there are a few things I see. I sell boat trailers and car haul/landscape trailers but never a cargo trialer in the 8 years I have been doing it so this is general stuff I see.

First it has not brakes and will push around the Nissan. The law in most states is brakes are required for any trailer over 3,000#. The max weight for the trailer you are looking at is 2,990#. That is for a reason. The axle is actually a 3,500# axle but they have derated it for this purpose. The second thing I see is its empty weight is about 1,320#. Add a spare and other things most people carry with a trailer and you are limited to about 1,500# carrying capacity and that is not much. Also look at the tires. Make sure they say Radial. If it has Bias pass. Bias are ok for super heavy loads like a Backhoe Trailer but on a trailer like this one that will be used very rarely they will cause problems with flat spotting.

I would do some shopping around. My co workers son got a good deal on a single axle trailer from Lowes. Its not as fancy but does the same task for much less $$$$.

Chris

/ Wells Cargo TW121V #3  
I'm on my 2nd Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, We use for my side business (seamless rain gutters). My employees pull it 50-100 miles 5 days a week.
The first one wore out 3 trucks, I then tried to cut corners and bought a cheaper "kind of built like wells cargo" trailer. Big mistake. I now have my 2nd
Wells cargo, Its not quite as heavy built as the first one I had, but its pretty good. I have a 16ft. I bought 2-3 years ago and it was $4800. So you have a fair or good price. Trailer brakes are a must.
Jack

/ Wells Cargo TW121V #4  
The price seams a bit high to me. I got at least 3 times the trailer for less than twice the price. Wellscargo uses the same axles at the other guys, and thats the big wear area.

the Nissan should pull it fine.

/ Wells Cargo TW121V #5  
I have almost the same trailer but bought it before they had a V front model. Mine was overpriced for the quality, if I had it to do over I'd buy some other brand more reasonably priced. It ends up not being a very big trailer when you try to load it, especially if you carry a spare, jack and a few tools inside. It can't haul much weight and if you get a flat on a single axle, look out. Given the pricing on used horse trailers, I suggest you look at that as an alternative. I end up using my horse trailer to haul everything because it's tall so I don't bang my head, it has a ramp, brakes, just a better setup all around. The Wells Cargo is sitting in the back field being used for temporary storage for hay, hasn't moved in years.

/ Wells Cargo TW121V #6  
Wells Cargo V-Front Tote Wagon - Wells Cargo Corporation

I am thinking of buying one of these trailers to be used (among other uses) as my evacuation rig. Any opinions on quality and such would be greatly appreciated. I'll be towing it with My old beat up Chevy Z-71 some of the time, but mostly it would be towed with my Nissan Pathfinder. Does anyone foresee any issues with the Nissan handling the towing duty for this trailer? Also, Ill be paying right around $3600 for it new, seems like a good price to me, but I am a novice when it comes to trailers.
I have had a 21' Wells Fargo for several years now. Great trailer in my opinion. Definitely get brakes and go for load range C tires including the spare.

/ Wells Cargo TW121V
I passed. I just decided that I wanted to check out more options first.