Delta Car Hauler

/ Delta Car Hauler #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
I can get a new 9,990# 18' delta car hauler for $3,000 with choice of ramps.

Does delta make a good trailer? Brakes are on both axles. Tires are new.

Is this a good deal?

Are flip up ramps better then pull out ramps or vice-versa?

I need to make a decision soon.

TIA

Yooper Dave

/ Delta Car Hauler #2  
Never heard of Delta. I can beat that price by $1000 but thats hear and I have learned on this site that trailer prices vary greatly by region.

I like slide in ramps. Fold up ramps will block you from hauling something slightly larger than the trailer like a long car, 20' lumber, tractor with FEL and a BH on back. Usually the tail wheel hangs off by a foot or so.

Also the fold up ramps are a major aero drag. Many will not believe me but a mesh gate has more drag than a solid piece of steel the same size. It has to do with surface area and Parasite Drag. Trust me, I have a Aero Space Degree.

If I were you I would load up the wife and take a weekend trip to Southern MO. You could make the trip a weekend get away and save a ton.

Check them out. This is one I have bought from. They do not list a 18' car hauler but they can make you anything you want. Heck they have a tilt deck for under $3,000

http://www.jerryjamestrailersinc.com/

Chris

/ Delta Car Hauler
Never heard of Delta. I can beat that price by $1000 but thats hear and I have learned on this site that trailer prices vary greatly by region.

I like slide in ramps. Fold up ramps will block you from hauling something slightly larger than the trailer like a long car, 20' lumber, tractor with FEL and a BH on back. Usually the tail wheel hangs off by a foot or so.

Also the fold up ramps are a major aero drag. Many will not believe me but a mesh gate has more drag than a solid piece of steel the same size. It has to do with surface area and Parasite Drag. Trust me, I have a Aero Space Degree.

If I were you I would load up the wife and take a weekend trip to Southern MO. You could make the trip a weekend get away and save a ton.

Check them out. This is one I have bought from. They do not list a 18' car hauler but they can make you anything you want. Heck they have a tilt deck for under $3,000

Welcome to Jerry James Trailers

Chris

It's amazing what a few hundred miles can do to the price.

I have not seen a new 18', 10k trailer for less than $3,000 up here - regardless of manufacturer.

Finding a nice used trailer is near impossible - people must like to hang onto their trailers.

Yooper Dave

/ Delta Car Hauler #4  
Yes, I looked it up and it would be a good drive. I forgot how far up Green Bay is.

Anyway, Jerry James trailers are not the prettiest but they are well built and a good value. I have had 2 with zero issues. My current one is a bigger version of a landscape trailer. Its 18' long by 82" wide. Bought it new in 2004 for $860 and installed my own brakes for under $200. It has 5' ramps and I also mounted a winch to the front. I also welded on 8 D rings and just put new tires on it this spring.

It has hauled tons of stuff including building materials, a hot tub, my tractor, full size trucks, a Suburban, and some 15 or more broken down or junk cars. Here is a picture of it behind the 2004 F250 4x4 PSD during a deck build in 2004.

Most of that lumber is 20'. That is why I did not want a fold up gate or ramps.

Chris

Attachments

• trailer.JPG
    trailer.JPG
    497.6 KB · Views: 579