trailering my tractor

/ trailering my tractor #11  
Guys.. remember I type on a netbook with 8" screen and a keyboard the size of 2 pieces of 'short' toast.

I missed 'or'.

glad you caught me on it. has since been edited.

now let the floggings continue

soundguy

We have to catch you when you make a mistake. You know its all in good fun. You are usually 99.99% on the money.

Chris

Yeah, no harm intended. Now back to the thread.....:);)

Kyle

/ trailering my tractor #12  
It's all good.:p We are mostly all adult Men on here:D

Carey

/ trailering my tractor #14  
I think that K1500 4.3 v6 manual has good pulling power. my brother used this same vehicle for pulling a travel trailer and farm equipment. It looks like you only need a single axle trailer with would reduce the weight and still haul your 2500lb you are talking about. My Ford Aeostar 4wd Van 4.0lt is rated as a 1/2 ton pickup and I towed this same setup 300 miles and it never broke a sweat, I had to resist the temptation to put it in overdrive. But I rarely went out of overdrive as it pulled so easy.

With towing anything find out what the owners manual says, in my vans case the 4wd version has lower gears so can handle more load and it has more weight. Most 1/2 ton PU's have at least a 5000lb towing capacity. If you buy too heavy of a trailer you are sacrificing overall towing weight. Unless you are hauling a 5000lb+ tractor.

/ trailering my tractor #15  
.........My question: I have a New Holland TC1520 tractor with various attachments, including a snow blower. ...............

Not sure what the TC1520 is, but do you know the weight that it is, and an idea what the attachments would add to that weight?

/ trailering my tractor #16  
Isn't a 1520 the newest version of a TC35?

Never mind... search shows it is a little older tractor, 2200lbs, 23hp.

How much do your implements weigh? I'm guessing the tractor with loader ~3000lbs?

I'd tow it on my 7000lb trailer behind a 1/2 ton. Would want working trailer brakes for sure.

My question: I have a New Holland TC1520 tractor with various attachments, including a snow blower. I would like to trailer it to a few locations (my job being primary) to do some snow removal. I will have a steep, long hill to pull up and down. What do I need for a truck and trailer to haul this thing?

/ trailering my tractor #17  
   / trailering my tractor #18  
Has anyone rented a U-haul car-hauler trailer for carrying their CUT?

My thinking being for a reasonable daily charge of under $50, it would cover a lot of trips vs. purchasing a 7000# car-hauler trailer for a couple grand (dual axles, electric brakes).

/ trailering my tractor #19  

My thinking being for a reasonable daily charge of under $50, it would cover a lot of trips vs. purchasing a 7000# car-hauler trailer for a couple grand (dual axles, electric brakes).

Many have tried but Uhaul has a rule that only lets you haul cars. That would not stop me but the other issue is it has gutters for the tires. These gutters are set a standard width that is too wide for most Cut's. It would be nice if they rented flatbed utility trailers.

Chris

/ trailering my tractor #20  
I used one a couple times. It was not U-Haul though. And, it was a flatbed trailer. Had surge brakes. Worked fine for a couple of times. I had my own chain and stuff.

I agree, the $1600 for my trailer was hard to justify. But, we have gotten tons of use out of it. I have hauled all kinds of stuff besides the tractor. And, around the property, I have towed it with the tractor, to pick up brush and stuff.

I got my tractor without a loader; the $3000+ for a loader was hard to take, but a great investment.

I made my own TnT; it was not real expensive, but not cheap either. Best thing a person could do to a tractor(tied with a loader).

Trailer... Like I say, I use it for all sorts of stuff. Lotta money though. But very versatile.