Home built trailer

/ Home built trailer #1  

tractorboy5500

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5500 4WD, 275 FEL
A friend of mine started building a 22' gooseneck then quit due to other projects, then i bought it from him, it was the gooseneck and the inside frame work. the first pic i took we had alot done before i started taking pics. I did all the cutting and fitting and tact welding, and James came alone and did all the welding, that way i wont fall apart going down the highway, I did learn how to weld good before it was done and end up buying a miller 180 mig machine, and let me tell you its nice to have.

Attachments

• PICT0122.jpg
    PICT0122.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 411
  • PICT0124.jpg
    PICT0124.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 720
  • PICT0143.jpg
    PICT0143.jpg
    603.1 KB · Views: 725
  • PICT0149.jpg
    PICT0149.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 637
   / Home built trailer
Then i took to my shop and spayed it down with rust killer and wire buff it until all loose debree was gone, pressure washed it then wipe down with thinner, and then prime it, painted it the next day, mixed hardner with the paint, it realy did help on the gloss of the finish and the paint dryed faster. And to me the paint dont chip as easy as without using hardner.
I did all the wiring and lighting on the trailer, and installed a brake away switch with battery back up. From start to finish, i got less than $2100 tied up in the whole trailer, it took about 6 months, But building a good trailer is like fine wine, its all good in time. I guess.

Attachments

• PICT0160.jpg
    PICT0160.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 495
  • PICT0178.jpg
    PICT0178.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 382
  • PICT0180.jpg
    PICT0180.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 251
  • PICT0193.jpg
    PICT0193.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 256
   / Home built trailer #4  
Nice job. Did you build it from plans?

Chris

/ Home built trailer
When i bought it, it had the goose neck frame and the main frame in one piece, then i started from there, and no didnt have any prints, just looking at other trailers.

/ Home built trailer
Pulls real good, and alot better since i got a new ML-265 FEL for it. before i could only load 5 round hay bales on it using the 3-point to load them with, now i can put 15 on it since i have the FEL, i only put 15 on it moving bales out of the pasture, and put 10 when on the highway. not sure what 4x5 bales weigh, but from looking at the tires, it must be heavy.

/ Home built trailer #8  
Pretty ambisious project. Looks great!

Last edited:
   / Home built trailer #10  
Really nice job ! You better be mighty proud of that one for sure!! Perhaps I missed it but I don't see any mention of the deck? Looks good from what little bit I can see. Can you tell us about it?

Once again,....Beautiful job !! (...and I love your lake too!!)

CHEERS!
. . tug