Pequea Trailers

/ Pequea Trailers #1  

JDGREEN4ME

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X534, GT 225, GT 275
Found a '01 Pequea 6'x12', tandem axle, split gate, landscape trailer in excellent condition. Dealer is asking $1095. or make an offer. Just wondering what the trailer is actually worth...

/ Pequea Trailers #2  
I have a 6 and a half by 12 single axle trailer of the same mskr. It was used 1 year by the dealer I bought it from and I paid $1,000. They are very well made, especially the ramps. If the trailer is in decent shape I think you got a good deal

/ Pequea Trailers #3  
Found a '01 Pequea 6'x12', tandem axle, split gate, landscape trailer in excellent condition. Dealer is asking $1095. or make an offer. Just wondering what the trailer is actually worth...
I would not buy it personally. You need at least 16' but better off with a 18' trailer to move a tractor such as yours or a car. I think you will be kicking yourself for buying it when for just a few dollars more you can get a trailer that is much more usable.

These 12' trailers I have ordered for customers. Lawn Guys like them because of the length, they will fit in a standard garage and will haul 2 ZTR mowers. This allows them to just back it end at the end of the day and be done with it. Everything is safe and secure plus out of the weather. They are easier to maneuver and usually can tag them under 3,500# here in Indiana so that it keeps them away from brakes being required. They fit a nich market.

Anything over 3,000# in PA requires trailer brakes so make sure what you are looking at is equipped properly.

Chris

/ Pequea Trailers
Use wise I just want this for our lawn tractor, Gator and/or ATV. Not going to be using for moving tractor.

/ Pequea Trailers #5  
Use wise I just want this for our lawn tractor, Gator and/or ATV. Not going to be using for moving tractor.

If it suits your needs go for it. I would offer $750 for it since its about 10 years old. Check the tires, does it have brakes, look for cracked welds, ect???? I still do not understand why you would want a trailer that is not capable of doing some of the basic task like taking your tractor in for service, hauling a broken down car, ect? I really think you will kick yourself in the long run for buying it and find it hard to sell in the future if you wish to upgrade due to its limitations.

Chris

/ Pequea Trailers
If it suits your needs go for it. I would offer $750 for it since its about 10 years old. Check the tires, does it have brakes, look for cracked welds, ect???? I still do not understand why you would want a trailer that is not capable of doing some of the basic task like taking your tractor in for service, hauling a broken down car, ect? I really think you will kick yourself in the long run for buying it and find it hard to sell in the future if you wish to upgrade due to its limitations.

Chris

Appreciate the sentiment...but I have ready access to an 18' car hauler. Looking for a new 6'x12' single axle but saw this and thought I might be happier with the tandem axle.

/ Pequea Trailers #7  
I would feel silly hauling my riding mower on my 22' trailer. It is nice to have two trailers. I wish I could add a dump to my trailer family. JC

/ Pequea Trailers #8  
I would feel silly hauling my riding mower on my 22' trailer.
Hehehahaha I routinely haul my ZTR into town in the mowin months to gas up on my 24' deckover. I don't feel silly at all. That makes more sense to me than owning another trailer for occasional light duty use.