TransHaul Cargo Trailers

/ TransHaul Cargo Trailers #1  

parallel

Bronze Member
Tractor
None... yet.
Anyone have experience with TransHaul cargo trailers? I am looking at a 7' x 16' Tandem Axle, with Electric Brakes On Both Axles, V Nose, Double Doors,30' Side Door, 2 5/16 Hitch and 2 Interior Lights. I can get this trailer for $3200 or less. What say you?

/ TransHaul Cargo Trailers
Actually, I just got off the phone with the seller and they said they would sell it to me for $3,000. I forgot to mention that this is a new trailer.

Well, I ended up getting one that my wife wanted. Well... its not so much that SHE wanted it, but if I were to get one it had to "match". So here it is, the same 7'x16' TransHaul as above only in black (the color cost me an extra $150.00) So I got it for $3,150.

cargotrailerpathfinderi.jpg

/ TransHaul Cargo Trailers #4  
Looks like a good trailer. Sorry know one answered your questions. I read it but have no familiarity with that brand so I was no help.

If I remember right you were wanting it for quick evacuation. Looks like it will do the job.

Chris

/ TransHaul Cargo Trailers #5  
Seems like an amazing deal.

Are you planning to tow it with the pathfinder?

/ TransHaul Cargo Trailers #6  
looks good, I know nothing about enclosed trailers. That one looks larger than most I've seen, what is the GVW?

JB.

Looks good!You didn't say what you were planing to haul.Make sure your tow vehicle is able to tow this weight[engine,brakes,etc.].
The Pathfinder will tow 6000 lbs, but I will keep well below that. I plan to use it for storage in the short term (renovations are ongoing on my new house) and as a hurricane evacuation rig in the long term. The trailer weighs around 2200lbs (I'll be having it weighed empty soon) so I could easily get another 2000 lbs in there safely while towing with the pathfinder.

For those times when I need to max it out, I have a 1994 Chevy Z71 that I bought new in 1993. It still runs great but it looks like crap. Any bets on how long it takes my wife to say that I need to paint it? Black of course.

loadofcrownmolding.jpg

looks good, I know nothing about enclosed trailers. That one looks larger than most I've seen, what is the GVW?

JB.

If I understand this right (and I'm not convinced that I do) the trailer has two 3500lb axles, so I guess that the GVW would be 7000lbs? Of course the ball that it uses is only good for 6000lbs, so I'm guessing that 6000lbs (including trailer weight) is the limit. I tend to be more cautious with these things simply because I don't really know enough about them.

/ TransHaul Cargo Trailers #9  
Is it the coupler itself that is limited to 6K or is it your ball on your tow rig? This is a common issue but there are 7.5K balls out there that are 2". I have one. You can not get them at Auto Zone or WalMart. I ordered mine of the net but you can also get them through any decent trailer or RV dealer.

Do not forget to check the rating of not only the ball but also the bar and the hitch on the tow vehicle itself. A good weight distribution hitch will really make the Pathfinder perform well with that load.

Any questions just ask. Plenty of knowledge here on TBN.

Chris

/ TransHaul Cargo Trailers #10  
As a fellow southerner I'd say "you done good" for anywhere around me. I don't know how regional trailer prices are though. I watch around for all kinds of equipment for sale looking for deals and that trailer would probably run that priced used around here. I did pick up a 6x12 single axle just like yours last year for $1500. Didn't need it but it was too good to pass on. I sold it a month later for $2K.