First Toyota - Now Nissan

/ First Toyota - Now Nissan #2  
I just got off the phone with my dealer concerning my Titan. They actually called me. I had not heard of the recall yet. He said it was just announced today and they were contacting all customers with these vehicles. One, because they want my business and two to take a look at my truck.

Anyway, I am taking it in on Tuesday at 10 am. They are going to look at the truck for the recalls and give me a free oil change and tire rotation for my trouble. I am very happy with that since its only 600 miles till its due.

I am glad they are very pro active on this. They do not want to get run though the mud like Toyota.

He said the fix should take 10-30 minutes according to the info they received but will not get the fix kits until Friday. He also said he will have 2 guys on it. One changing the oil and doing the tire rotation while another performs the recall. He said no more than 1 hour tops but should have me in and out in 30 minutes.

Mine is not under the fuel gauge recall.

Chris

/ First Toyota - Now Nissan
Impressive! At least they are learning from Toyota's mistakes.

/ First Toyota - Now Nissan #4  
Impressive! At least they are learning from Toyota's mistakes.

I hope so. I will give a fair evaluation of the treatment I get come Tuesday. I am not so proud as to swear them off as I have done Chrysler and GM so they have one chance in my eyes to get it right. So far I am very impressed with the proactive nature.

I am sure its all a ploy to get me in the dealership. They will want me to buy turn signal fluid, kanoter valves, get this and that, ect. I am not blind.

I hope its just not my dealer taking this approach. If Nissan was smart they would demand all the dealers in the network to take the same actions to notify as many customers as possible. They have all the info they need. They would have no problem finding you if you stopped making the payments so they should be able to find you when they have a safety recall.

Chris

/ First Toyota - Now Nissan #5  
I just got off the phone with my dealer concerning my Titan. They actually called me. I had not heard of the recall yet. He said it was just announced today and they were contacting all customers with these vehicles. One, because they want my business and two to take a look at my truck.

Anyway, I am taking it in on Tuesday at 10 am. They are going to look at the truck for the recalls and give me a free oil change and tire rotation for my trouble. I am very happy with that since its only 600 miles till its due.

I am glad they are very pro active on this. They do not want to get run though the mud like Toyota.

He said the fix should take 10-30 minutes according to the info they received but will not get the fix kits until Friday. He also said he will have 2 guys on it. One changing the oil and doing the tire rotation while another performs the recall. He said no more than 1 hour tops but should have me in and out in 30 minutes.

Mine is not under the fuel gauge recall.

Chris

Let us know how accurate the 1 hour and 30 minutes turns out.

/ First Toyota - Now Nissan #6  
I will. Just to clarify he said it should take no more than 1 hour but it will be more like 30 minutes from the info he received.

Chris

/ First Toyota - Now Nissan #7  
Nissan impressed us also.

While back we purchased a nice USED Sentra and at over 3 yrs old and over 100,000 clicks the fuel pump failed in the parking lot.

The wife had it towed to local garage (not a dealer) and repaired it.

Weeks later she gets oil change at Nissan dealer and mentions the fuel pump failure!

After verifying S/N's the Dealer credited the pump AND labor (at their flat rate) but all in all we ended up a mere $20 ish out of pocket.
They even paid the towing!

Now that's what I call warranty service!
PS, 2 new Nissan's since that fantastic warranty handling!

/ First Toyota - Now Nissan #8  
Glad to hear that. Its nice to know a company wants to keep its customers.

I never understood why Nissan took a back seat to Honda and Toyota. They have a good lineup. It just seems they do no do the advertising the others do. Maybe that's a good thing for them. I am happy so far so only time will tell.

I am sure there are others who have had bad experiences with them. I know I have with other auto companies that everyone else seems to kiss the ground they walk on.

Chris

/ First Toyota - Now Nissan #9  
My wife has a Nissan Maxima and its been a good car. It's the first foreign car we have owned and I don't think its any better than the Fords we have owned/do own. I guess I have been a little disappointed because I have always heard the hype about Japanese cars and don't think this car has been any better than the Ford she traded. But all in all a good car and as others have said the Nissan dealership has been one of the better dealerships we have dealt with. Makes you wonder what Nissan does different with their dealerships. I am a Ford person but I have to say that Ford dealerships in this area could learn a few things about customer service.

/ First Toyota - Now Nissan #10  
From what I read yesterday, I believe my truck falls under the fuel gauge recall only. I haven't heard from my dealer--maybe I will, and maybe I won't until I get my recall letter. So far my Titan has been almost as flawless as any vehicle I've owned. In nearly 3 yrs and 34000 miles it's only required a new radiator cap @ ~600 miles because the original was faulty.

I'll reserve further judgement until I see how my dealer handles the recall.