GM to Recall 1.3 Million

/ GM to Recall 1.3 Million #2  
I'm waiting for the congressional hearings........ :)

/ GM to Recall 1.3 Million #5  
I have a recall now on my chevy truck. :mad:

/ GM to Recall 1.3 Million #6  
If it bleeds it leads and this GM problem hasn't killed anybody.

/ GM to Recall 1.3 Million #7  
If it bleeds it leads and this GM problem hasn't killed anybody.

i'm still waiting for proof of the supposed Toyota deaths i keep hearing about.

/ GM to Recall 1.3 Million #8  
Called yesterday to schedule my Cobalt and they said they have no idea what the recall is yet as GM hasn't givin them any info or parts. They said another case of the media all over something so I know as much as them at this point. Told me to call back at the end of the month.
Whats going on with recalls as of late is something all mfgs should be leary of. I don't care what brand you like or what you think about quality because safety has nothing to with quality. If your reading this Chris, you being a corporate pilot should know all about the current ISBAO SMS process going through corporate flight depts. There have been some good reads about quality vs safety as it pertains directly to Toyota. Even Toyota who has some of the best quality messed up on this one. Ironically we have just recently been training on the SMS process to avoid just the very thing that is happening to Toyota. Cars and planes might be apples and oranges in one respect but not when it comes to safety.

/ GM to Recall 1.3 Million
I am really surprised your dealer knows nothing. My Titan had a recall and I got a phone call from my dealer the day it came out and they offered me a free oil change to bring it in and get it taken care of ASAP. Read about that here.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/trailers-transportation/165218-first-toyota-now-nissan.html

Anyway, seems like your dealer is out of the loop. This has been all over about the GM steering issues. I agree the media is making more of these than necessary but after Toyota screwed the pooch on the gas pedal deal everyone is fessing up to keep the government off their backs.

As for the SMS its ridicules in my opinion. They way it reads we will have to start on Saturday to get the airplane in the air by Monday. Also seems like just another place to pencil whip things. I am all for change and modernization but this is going a little far.

Chris

/ GM to Recall 1.3 Million #10  
I am really surprised your dealer knows nothing. My Titan had a recall and I got a phone call from my dealer the day it came out and they offered me a free oil change to bring it in and get it taken care of ASAP. Read about that here.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/trailers-transportation/165218-first-toyota-now-nissan.html

Anyway, seems like your dealer is out of the loop. This has been all over about the GM steering issues. I agree the media is making more of these than necessary but after Toyota screwed the pooch on the gas pedal deal everyone is fessing up to keep the government off their backs.

As for the SMS its ridicules in my opinion. They way it reads we will have to start on Saturday to get the airplane in the air by Monday. Also seems like just another place to pencil whip things. I am all for change and modernization but this is going a little far.

Chris
Our dept got certified last year. This whole ISBAO thing is just getting going. Smaller depts will probably be the last to comply as many of the larger ones are already there. I'm guessing your part 91 also. We are 91 and 125. It hasn't slowed us down any but does create alot of meetings lololo.