2006 F350 Lariet Crew Cab SRW

/ 2006 F350 Lariet Crew Cab SRW #1  

MikePA

Super Moderator
Tractor
Had TC25D, now JD X310
I found this 2006 F350 SRW on the Internet. Comments from you PSD experts?

Click Here

The CarFax report shows 2 previous owners. The first owner put 45,470 miles on it in 22 months and was in an accident 'Involving right side impact. It hit another motor vehicle'. The second owner put 37,722 miles on it in 17 months at which time it was repossessed.

The current dealer bought it at auction.

/ 2006 F350 Lariet Crew Cab SRW #2  
No way would I spend that much money on that truck. It's just going to be getting to the point where it's going to be needing a lot of maintenance items that are pretty expensive. Add to that the fact that it was in an accident. Then add in the fact that it was reposessed. Someone that worked for me 7 years ago had a car reposessed and after seeing how he treated the car knowing the repo man was coming, I know I wouldn't want to buy a repo'd car. I just think that seems like a very high price for that vehicle.

/ 2006 F350 Lariet Crew Cab SRW #3  
While I am a fan of the 6.0 I would not buy it either. Things that break on them are expensive to fix and its out of warranty. Its a good looking truck but the dealer probably only has 17K in it. I would let him know you are going to make one offer, 20K and he can take it or leave it.

The crash would not worry me so much as the repossession. If the previous owner could not make the payments you know a lot of maintenance was skipped also.

Just a side note. When looking at Ford SuperDuty's take a look at the door sticker. The GVWR can vary a lot on these SRW trucks. I think the range on the 06 is 9,900# to 11,500#. That means truck A with 9,900# GVWR could only haul 2,300# in the cab and bed while truck B with 11,500# GVWR could haul 3,900#. Big difference in trucks.

Chris

/ 2006 F350 Lariet Crew Cab SRW
Interestingly enough, kbb.com reports the suggested retail for this truck at $29,205. :confused:. I agree with your observation about a repossessed vehicle and the high probability of skipped maintenance.

/ 2006 F350 Lariet Crew Cab SRW #5  
I'd pass. I have an 06 PSD with 52K miles and love it. If I were shopping, I'd be looking for lower miles, and the accident and repo would concern me. Plenty of those trucks out there, surely a better deal waiting.

/ 2006 F350 Lariet Crew Cab SRW #6  
I have it's twin, exactly the same vehicle. I bought it 6 months ago and love it . It is a great driving truck. I also am aware of the reputation of the 6.0 but what are the alternatives? Most 7.3 powerstrokes are getting old and its hard to find one with low miles. Anything newer will cost quite alot more. My F 350 was a two owner, in great shape, had a clean Oasis report, but had 174,000 miles when I bought it. But I got it for $18,000. I guess the future will tell if I was wise to purchase it. On the other hand, if something major happens, I will have it fixed and still be well below what a newer one would cost. If I were you, I would have a mechanic check it out (I paid the dealer $200 nonrefundable to allow me to keep it for a day or two) and I would pull an Oasis report to check for history. I also would offer less. The price is not too far off what I see around here, so if all checks out, offer him several thousand less. It is a great truck, and the '06 model has a pretty good reputation. THe Ford Truck Enthusiast forum has volumes of information about these. Check that out. It is a good site for info.

/ 2006 F350 Lariet Crew Cab SRW #7  
I have an 07 F 250 Lariet super crew 6.0 4 x 4 that just turned over 25K. I purchased this truck to pull our 20ft Featherlite LQ that I just sold yesterday so it's going to find a new home soon. I just love this truck and will be sorry to see it leave because I really don't need it any more.

Down sizing!

Malvern

/ 2006 F350 Lariet Crew Cab SRW #8  
It's about 4k to high.
I don't care what KBB is showing for it....Go by the current market.

/ 2006 F350 Lariet Crew Cab SRW #9  
I have an 07 F 250 Lariet super crew 6.0 4 x 4 that just turned over 25K. I purchased this truck to pull our 20ft Featherlite LQ that I just sold yesterday so it's going to find a new home soon. I just love this truck and will be sorry to see it leave because I really don't need it any more.

Down sizing!

Malvern

Now THAT would be a truck to buy.......