which chains and binders should i use?

/ which chains and binders should i use? #51  
Well did a quick net search and the brand of chain Lowes carries is Campbell. I found a site that listed the working load limit at 3,900# for 5/16 so its not strong enough.

5/16" Clevis Grab Hook by Cooper Campbell - More Chain hooks and load binders at doitbest.com

Chris

The little plastic package/bag thing containing the Lowe's 20 foot Campbell 5/16inch grade 70 chain I purchased listed 5400lbs as the working limit.

Go to any good tool or hardware specialty store and they may carry the grade 70 hooks.

See this site for the same 20foot length of 5/16 grade 70 chain for $27.

Ratchet Straps, Tie Down Straps, E Track Tie Downs, Moving Blankets & Pads, Cargo Straps, U.S. Cargo Control

/ which chains and binders should i use? #53  
truckntow.com one stop shopping for all your tie-down needs. G70 3/8 USA made chain and Durabilt ratcheting HD chain binders. A little extra money spent up front will save aggravation and grief later. A secure load allows confidence while towing.

/ which chains and binders should i use? #54  
Question, can a 3/8" binder be used on a 5/16" chain?

/ which chains and binders should i use? #55  
He also said the same rules apply to tow trucks.they can only use steel cables or chains to tie down vehicles.

you cant base anything on what rollback drivers do. most seem to think that the winch cable is all that is needed to secure the car/truck to the bed of the truck. i really wish they would crack down on these clowns that drive most of these rollbacks around

Question, can a 3/8" binder be used on a 5/16" chain?

i would imagine that would work just fine. i use 1/2" binders with 1/2" and 3/8" chains.

If it shifts it wasn't chained down right. Just saying.
ive been in equipment heavy haul for several years now, doing 200K pound loads regularly. there are some machines, that no matter how you chain them, will eventually move, and a chain or two becomes a bit loose. generally things with hydraulic legs or stabilizers like milling machines and cranes will "settle" as they bounce down the road.

/ which chains and binders should i use? #56  
Can you tell us where we can find a copy of the rules so we can read them for ourselves? ... Thanks in advance.

Come Jan 1,2011 all tie-down WLL's have to listed by the manufacturer or your journey will be interrupted somewhat.

/ which chains and binders should i use? #57  
a mention about binders the ratchet handle type are much safer the lever stile can spring open and some times closed this can impale or crush a person

i believe in Mo ratchet style are required i worked for the state and thats what we used and they were cheep and only replaced stuff when it was broke or mandated you can still use them for home and farm use