dodge v10

/ dodge v10 #1  

bx1860

I just bought a 99 dodge 2500 4X4 v10. Anyone on here pull with one? I really like it so far but havent had any weight behind it yet. What do you guys think about them.

/ dodge v10 #2  
I do not have one, but a good family friend bought on new in 2000 I think.

They tow a 34' 5th wheel with three slides. It handles it very well. It has been on lots of trips up/down the California coast, parts of the Oregon coast, and a few trips around the western states.

Theirs is the 2500 4x2 long bed quad cab. It has performed well, with no issues.

I just bought a 99 dodge 2500 4X4 v10. Anyone on here pull with one? I really like it so far but havent had any weight behind it yet. What do you guys think about them.

/ dodge v10 #3  
They are excellent trucks. I have a '96 and it will pull as good as the earlier 12 valve cummins trucks. Unfortunately it won't pull with the newer diesels, but they still pull real good. I have well over 200k on mine and it hasn't given any major trouble at all.

You will like everything except the gas mileage, but maintenance is cheaper than a diesel and that kind of makes up for it.

/ dodge v10 #4  
I have a 2003 2500 quad cab 4 X 4 short bed Laramie V10 with 4:10 rear. Great truck. Mileage is poor but towing capacity comparable to diesels in 2003. Would buy a diesel if buying new today. You need to be aware of the the routing issue on spark plug wires on older V10's. If your truck has the sway/torsion bar option in the rear you are all set. If not I would recommend a pair of supersprings for HD towing. I tow a 4 horse gooseneck and a 20 + 5 gooseneck equipment trailer plus other trailers. They like mid-grade fuel when towing and I would also recommend a K & N drop in filter and synthetic fluids in differentials and engine. The engine will last a good long time if taken care of. Search for sparkplug wire issue or PM me I could look it up for you. Been a while.

/ dodge v10 #5  
Great engines only issue is they seem to like good spark plugs and wires.
fyi best thing is you will get on 1st name bases with gas station clerk, if you drive it much.

/ dodge v10 #6  
I am not into suped up trucks but one of my friends has I think a Viper V10 pu truck. The best thing about his is the engine is devoid of all the crap normally placed on all new motors. Even though it has a large engine it seems like you are looking under the hood of a 1960's truck, just a big engine sitting there. All of my engine compartments are filled to the gills.

/ dodge v10 #7  
Champion truck plugs I would recommend.

/ dodge v10
Alright great thanks alot for the replys!