New car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New car? #21  
Give me a break! :rolleyes:
Wow, equating what GM and Chrysler did with Ford taking a loan is a gold medal stretch. :thumbsup:

/ New car? #22  
I'm kinda suprised nothing has been done to shrink the big pickups.

Last week I was going some place for a Scout event. In the parking lot, was one of those 1960's Ford econoline cabover pickups. Looked sharp too. Dodge made similar, as did Willy's. Sure would make a nice in town manueverable pickup.

I'm sure it won't shut anyone down; however, I expect pickup trucks to go up in price. The Ford Transit Connect seems a bit odd to me, still, but I'm seeing more and more of them used by businesses in this area as delivery vehicles. I expect the other manufacturers to have something similar in the near future to compete with them.

/ New car? #23  

Last week I was going some place for a Scout event. In the parking lot, was one of those 1960's Ford econoline cabover pickups. Looked sharp too. Dodge made similar, as did Willy's. Sure would make a nice in town manueverable pickup.

We have a handy man service in my area that drives the Ford Version. I would guess they have 5 or 6 of them. I would guess it would never make the crash requirements today.

Chris

/ New car? #24  

Yep, I remember those three cabover pickups, although I don't remember driving any of them. The one I remember best was in July, 1972, when we were in Alaska. One day we drove out to the old Independence Gold Mine on Granite Mountain and I left my truck and trailer at the end of the pavement and we went on up the mountain in my brother's 1970 Olds F85. Of course the mine was shut down long before that, the gate was closed, and it was too foggy to see anything, so we started back down and we met one of those Willys coming up. It came around a curve on our side of the road, so we had a head-on collision. The lady driving that Willys got back over far enought that it was just the left side of the front of each vehicle that collided. It was not a good day, but at least my brother and I were able to use my pickup and a chain and pull his radiator off the fan and he was able to drive that Olds back to Anchorage.

/ New car? #25  
"shut down hundreds of plants" ??? Do you have a source for that? You lost your credibility with that one!
True I may have misspoke as I typed in a hurry to go to dinner. It may not have been hundreds but they did shut down plants and lay off workers and the numbers were right up there with the other 2.

Credibility huh? Like your complete blindness to the what Ford was really doing while hiding behind the news stations in their back pocket.
you have to love the fact that they thumbed their noses at the government bailout with all of the caveats that came along with it...as Frankie would say "They did it their way"...my kudos and business goes to Ford. Go BIG BLUE!!!
Yeah, that right there is pure credibility right there, honest and truthful. Ha! :laughing:
Wow, equating what GM and Chrysler did with Ford taking a loan is a gold medal stretch.
Please feel free to enlighten us how you feel it's any different. Well it is different in a way, GM's loans will be paid with interest as opposed to the FREE MONEY Ford got. Feel free to split this into a new thread to so we don't take away from the original posters intentions.

/ New car? #26  
True I may have misspoke as I typed in a hurry to go to dinner. It may not have been hundreds but they did shut down plants and lay off workers and the numbers were right up there with the other 2.

Credibility huh? Like your complete blindness to the what Ford was really doing while hiding behind the news stations in their back pocket.

Yeah, that right there is pure credibility right there, honest and truthful. Ha! :laughing:

Please feel free to enlighten us how you feel it's any different. Well it is different in a way, GM's loans will be paid with interest as opposed to the FREE MONEY Ford got. Feel free to split this into a new thread to so we don't take away from the original posters intentions.
I don't know nor care what your beef with Ford is, but what you are comparing is in no way justified by the supporting evidence...not even close. I don't subscribe to the "I saw it on the news or internet, so it must be true" ideology. I am a Ford stockholder and have all the supporting fiscal documentation in my quarterly report I need to formulate my own opinion, along with my dividend check. That is money in my pocket! Let all of us know when you get your first interest dividend from your "shares" in GM and Chrysler.

/ New car? #27  
That is money in my pocket! Let all of us know when you get your first interest dividend from your "shares" in GM and Chrysler.
I already did, it's called a tax return which would have been much less if everyone got interest free loans like Ford. At least now we know why you push Ford so much, it's not because you believe in their quality it's because your just trying to make money off their stock.

What supporting evidence do you need? Do you not believe they took the loan or do you not believe that they laid off workers and shut down plants? Either point has more then enough evidence for you.

I have nothing against Ford, I believe they make some good vehicles and are a good domestic company. My beef is with the people who like to try and shove the "Ford didn't take a bail out" crap down everyone else's throat whenever GM or Chrysler is mentioned. I am just pointing out the lack of truth in that for everyone else.
THEY TOOK TAX PAYER GOVERNMENT MONEY TOO!
I guarantee they would have filed bankruptcy too if not for the "loans".

/ New car? #28  
If you can't see the difference between a loan and the federal governmnet owning a corporation and telling the bondholders "Too bad.", then no amount of typing will enlighten you.

Status
Not open for further replies.