kaufman trailers

/ kaufman trailers #2  
What do you guys think about kaufman trailers? I'm thinking about ordering this trailer from them. The price seems good and they are only a few hours away.

28Ft, 22,500 lb. Medium Duty Gooseneck

I have a kaufman light duty car hauler. Bought it off the lot in Denton. It's built ok, Average I would say. Paint sucks and it's wired with scotch locks. But that's par for most trailers. My only true regret is not buying a bigger one, but it doesn't look like you are going to have that problem.

That was easily 9 years ago. I expect the market has changed since then, but at the time it was priced correctly, and the folkes there were nice enough.

/ kaufman trailers #3  
Seems their marketing is working with so many asking about them. I considered them at one time also. Zukota gave a good description.

/ kaufman trailers #4  
When I buy a trailer, I just plan on rewiring it. A spool of 7 conductor trailer wire is cheap, and some LED lights and you are set. Beats the scotch-lock crap they all seem to do.

/ kaufman trailers #5  
I have seen a few but never had on in my possession. As stated they are made well but the paint and wiring as with most trailers sucks.

Chris

/ kaufman trailers #6  
I requested info from kaufman for a 14k gn trailer a month ago. They sent me an automated message saying I would recieve an exact quote with delivery that day and I never have heard anything more...:(

John

/ kaufman trailers
Thanks guys, I just wanted to make sure I was not going to order a complete turd.

wvpolekat I did that to my last trailer. That scotch lock stuff will be the first thing to go.

KB9UDE, I called and spoke with a guy named Chris Leonard and he did everything he said he would in a timely manner. If you were still looking at a trailer from them, he would be the guy to talk to.

/ kaufman trailers #8  
I took a look at Kaufman before I found Delta trailers...the Deltas have conduit wiring, LED lights, lots of options as far as what the dove/beaver tail has/does. (mine will operate as flat or as dovetail...dovetail is also metal.) My tires are 10 ply radials..it has a 8'X8' deck over gooseneck as well as the regular deck. I bought it used shortly ago..its a 2004 model and looks works like new. BobG in VA

/ kaufman trailers #9  
Typically, Kaufman will build a trailer anyway you desire - within reason. The day I picked one up, there was a hot shot hauler picking up a triple dovetail (special design) made specifically for loading/hauling 2 maybe 3 exotic cars. As they are very low ground clearance (Ferrari, Lambo, etc.) it was somewhat different from most car haulers. Comparing apples to apples, I'd say they can compete with most any maker on price. But then we all know, cheap ain't good and good ain't cheap.

/ kaufman trailers #10  
Back in 05 I bought a 30ft 26+4 single tandem axle (14000 GVWR) gooseneck from them. At the time no one could touch the price on it. I had the ramps that could easily be removed and it also had a pop-up dove tail section to make it a full 30ft or you could leave the dovetail section down and just use the 26ft. I used it for doing hotshot loads pulled behind an F350. Most of the time I didn't even know it was back there it pulled so nice. I never had any problems with it.