Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default kaufman trailers

What do you guys think about kaufman trailers? I'm thinking about ordering this trailer from them. The price seems good and they are only a few hours away.

28Ft, 22,500 lb. Medium Duty Gooseneck

Tractor
    DK35 H

Default Re: kaufman trailers

Quote Originally Posted by pistolhunter View Post
    What do you guys think about kaufman trailers? I'm thinking about ordering this trailer from them. The price seems good and they are only a few hours away.

28Ft, 22,500 lb. Medium Duty Gooseneck
    I have a kaufman light duty car hauler. Bought it off the lot in Denton. It's built ok, Average I would say. Paint sucks and it's wired with scotch locks. But that's par for most trailers. My only true regret is not buying a bigger one, but it doesn't look like you are going to have that problem.

That was easily 9 years ago. I expect the market has changed since then, but at the time it was priced correctly, and the folkes there were nice enough.
    - Max

1 Machine 2 shades of Orange.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 5400, Farmall H, Farmall Cub, Allis Chalmers CA

Seems their marketing is working with so many asking about them. I considered them at one time also. Zukota gave a good description.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    1947 Ford 2N and 2003 Kubota B7500

When I buy a trailer, I just plan on rewiring it. A spool of 7 conductor trailer wire is cheap, and some LED lights and you are set. Beats the scotch-lock crap they all seem to do.

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

I have seen a few but never had on in my possession. As stated they are made well but the paint and wiring as with most trailers sucks.

Chris

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

I requested info from kaufman for a 14k gn trailer a month ago. They sent me an automated message saying I would recieve an exact quote with delivery that day and I never have heard anything more...

John
    John

John Deere 3320 - 72D Auto Connect deck

Acts 2:38

Thanks guys, I just wanted to make sure I was not going to order a complete turd.

wvpolekat I did that to my last trailer. That scotch lock stuff will be the first thing to go.

KB9UDE, I called and spoke with a guy named Chris Leonard and he did everything he said he would in a timely manner. If you were still looking at a trailer from them, he would be the guy to talk to.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 6000 MWFD, 2 1950's Farmalls, 1974 Farmall 140, 1967 Mf 135Delux

I took a look at Kaufman before I found Delta trailers...the Deltas have conduit wiring, LED lights, lots of options as far as what the dove/beaver tail has/does. (mine will operate as flat or as dovetail...dovetail is also metal.) My tires are 10 ply radials..it has a 8'X8' deck over gooseneck as well as the regular deck. I bought it used shortly ago..its a 2004 model and looks works like new. BobG in VA

Veteran Member

Typically, Kaufman will build a trailer anyway you desire - within reason. The day I picked one up, there was a hot shot hauler picking up a triple dovetail (special design) made specifically for loading/hauling 2 maybe 3 exotic cars. As they are very low ground clearance (Ferrari, Lambo, etc.) it was somewhat different from most car haulers. Comparing apples to apples, I'd say they can compete with most any maker on price. But then we all know, cheap ain't good and good ain't cheap.

Tractor
    NH T2320 TL

Back in 05 I bought a 30ft 26+4 single tandem axle (14000 GVWR) gooseneck from them. At the time no one could touch the price on it. I had the ramps that could easily be removed and it also had a pop-up dove tail section to make it a full 30ft or you could leave the dovetail section down and just use the 26ft. I used it for doing hotshot loads pulled behind an F350. Most of the time I didn't even know it was back there it pulled so nice. I never had any problems with it.
    Woods PHD35, Very Old 60" BB, Harbor Freight QH, BX42s Chipper, County Line Carry-All, County Line (Tarter Gate) 48" Tiller, Homemade 60" Dethatcher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast